The Queen of the South thread

43 minutes ago, Flash said:

Good teams often miss chances before they score one. But their arse doesn’t collapse as soon as they concede one.

Well yes, no argument there.  It's another of our frailties.

I'm just saying that what helped in that match was that we scored.  It sounds blindingly obvious of course, but that's been the difference between the Dunfermline game and countless others.

Need to score the first goal today otherwise I don't see us coming back.

Dobbie looking for a goal to equal record and Dykes just has to convert one of the chances he has had the last few week. Murray may be a good option from midfield as I expect him to play

39 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Need to score the first goal today otherwise I don't see us coming back.

Dobbie looking for a goal to equal record and Dykes just has to convert one of the chances he has had the last few week. Murray may be a good option from midfield as I expect him to play

I think that could be crucial, as Montrose have struck me as being very good at game management.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah technically that's correct. I was trying to point out that we are rarely cut open as a defensive unit.

It's not the sole reason but it's certainly the main reason.

We all agree overall it’s been poor.

But I would bet we have conceded less goals from crosses than sitters missed at the other end.

All areas of the pitch are partly to blame for where Queens are now. 

I promise I am not being a dick about it. Failure from crosses, stopping crosses getting in, missed chances, poor midfield performances have all, put together, put the club in this position.

I really do hope it goes the right way today.

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Thank you Sir Stephen for pulling us out the shit. What a scoreline from the team can't wait for the highlights

He was fantastic today, but as you know, we're not yet out of the shit.  We've merely earned the right to prolong it.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He was fantastic today, but as you know, we're not yet out of the shit.  We've merely earned the right to prolong it.

This is so true have to hope the players get focused straight away on the Raith game very difficult game  they are a big club who are full time and they  have Nisbet who has scored over 30 goals .

We won't get another 1st half like today reminded me of the Ayr game everything we seemed to do ended up in a goal 

29 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We won't get another 1st half like today reminded me of the Ayr game everything we seemed to do ended up in a goal 

Mmm. We wont get another first half like today, which reminded you of another first half we had earlier this season....... 

:huh:

When was the last time Queens scored five in one half? The last time I can remember off the top of my head was when we won the league against Brechin Station Park. One for Skyline probably!