The Queen of the South thread

Though I'm not one of those who think AJ was our best manager ever, I'm pleased with the news. He'll at least be more positive than Naysmith. Given the circumstances I don't think we could have hoped for any better and tbh, had you offered me Johnston for Naysmith on Saturday morning I'd have taken the swap.

I’ve never had either as an Ayr manager but from the outside AJ is a quite significant upgrade on Naysmith.

If he starts signing ex players then he’d better stay well clear of Moff. Although Moffat would probably get Dobbie 50+ goals in league 1.

5 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Anyone know what’s the deal with players for this week? Presume many are out of contract and some may even now be contracted for other clubs?

Its not possible to be contracted to any other club before the window opens on 9th June.

Good appointment. He was able to build a team from scratch last time and the football should be much better.

I feel sorry for Naysmith but he’s not capable to manage at this level yet. Great eye for a player, great training (supposedly,) but unable to convert that onto the pitch in a consistent manner.

Lots of Pars fans desperately rewriting history about Johnston.

He was decent with us up to a point. It was like he had a limit and couldn't get past that. To say he was shite with us is a lie, except for his time in charge this season. He was fine before that and took us as far as he could. He has faults, and his half season in charge this season was abysmal, but the 3 seasons before that were decent enough and got us to a decent level. Shame he couldn't kick on and he was deservedly punted for his horror showing this season, but I think he'll do fine at Queens.

Hope it works but looks like another panic appointment with a bit of deflection thrown in.
Deflecting from not having a manager by hiring a manager?

I wont lie, to my simple mind that seems a pretty solid strategy

2 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Hope it works but looks like another panic appointment with a bit of deflection thrown in.

There's undoubtedly some truth in there.  

As responses go though, panic is a pretty appropriate one to where we are.  It's just that it should maybe have kicked in earlier.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

What are the chances of Dobbie not featuring at all so that Clark Jr.’s record remains intact?

No chance, Wouldn't mind him getting rested till 60 mins the morra night tho.