The Queen of the South thread

I don't know how I feel about this. I'd be ok with it if we go down, I'm less sure about him leading us in the championship.

Exactly my thoughts.

Hopefully it’s just an SOS for the playoffs and then we can interview in the summer. Hopefully as a Championship club.

Striking similarities to when he last took over actually. Didn’t Ross County win the league that year as well?

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't know how I feel about this. I'd be ok with it if we go down, I'm less sure about him leading us in the championship.

I'd be fine with it.  

He was doing better with Dunfermline than they managed to sustain over a spell, after he'd gone.  

I'd also be hoping that he might be one of those managers who just 'fit' somewhere as sometimes happens.  Not sure I'd be that keen to see Sandy Clarke return, mind.

I feel really sad that Gary Naysmith has gone. I hoped that when he left it would be due to his and our success. He seems like a nice guy and I really hoped he would turn it around. I hope he gets back into the game soon and wish him success wherever he goes next. I do feel like he did care about Queens. All the best Gary.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Hopefully it’s just an SOS for the playoffs and then we can interview in the summer. Hopefully as a Championship club.

Striking similarities to when he last took over actually. Didn’t Ross County win the league that year as well?

No way he will just come for 2 weeks he will surely get a 1 year contract he will be manager next season what ever happens in the playoffs 

Either AJ was desperate for a return to management or Queens have known for awhile he was getting it next season and have sped it up after yesterday.

Either way it’s a good appointment. If you go down he knows enough about that league to get up.

Though I'm not one of those who think AJ was our best manager ever, I'm pleased with the news. He'll at least be more positive than Naysmith. Given the circumstances I don't think we could have hoped for any better and tbh, had you offered me Johnston for Naysmith on Saturday morning I'd have taken the swap.