The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

I wish it was. By the time I got the message, they had taken it down. Strange.

Surely this can't be true .I thought Ellis would take the job but it looks like he is  away as well .We have 2 hopefully 4 massive games coming up we need a proper manager not some youth coach who had no experience 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Qos91 said:
A friend sent me this but queens have since deleted it from twitterIMG-20190505-WA0009.thumb.jpg.82efe68abb731230361bc95bc579741e.jpg

That better be a hoax.

I think it was a hoax.

It’s a shambles we have a crucial game in two days and we don’t even know who taken the team no way can it be that Warwick can’t be Dobbie we need him on the park and it’s also a shocking way to get rid of one of the most committed mangers we have had in a long time to get sacked by a text pull players to side before awards and tell them and also to allow him go mingle with the fans after the game and to do a interview after the game and then to broadcast it shows a utter lack of class by the club was the board even st the awards night yeh maybe Gary’s time was up but why do it now with no plan in place going forwards

20 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

It’s a shambles we have a crucial game in two days and we don’t even know who taken the team no way can it be that Warwick can’t be Dobbie we need him on the park and it’s also a shocking way to get rid of one of the most committed mangers we have had in a long time to get sacked by a text pull players to side before awards and tell them and also to allow him go mingle with the fans after the game and to do a interview after the game and then to broadcast it shows a utter lack of class by the club was the board even st the awards night yeh maybe Gary’s time was up but why do it now with no plan in place going forwards

Absolute lack of class .To sack anyone by text is an embarrassment  .

Nothing surprises me with Billy, but thought Mark had more class about him. Disappointed with events on and off the pitch. Could be a wee bit uncomfortable for the directors next weekend.

Certainly does seem very harsh and I am surprised a team like Queens would handle a situation like this. I spent the first half of the season following the team as Callum Semple was playing on loan. When he left you were looking at the play offs and I particularly remember Callum's final game at Inverness when the fight back performance got a great win. Most of these players are still there and I trust a new face will enable them to reproduce the effort of that day. If they can you will walk the play offs

4 minutes ago, Waverley said:

Maybe you could take JJ and Houston.

At this very minute JJ and Houston are waiting on the phone call to take on their dream job at QoS.  Just waiting to jump at the chance once offered it.

Sadly what ever has or has not happened the board have now put the club in a shambles of a situation.

It would seem that at 4.50pm yesterday someone at Palmerston has spat their dummy out and decided the manager has to go.

With no thought of who will take the team into the playoffs. Potentially 4 of the most important fixtures of Queens recent history.

An absolute bloody shambles.

I would take Houston to be honest.

Peter Houston had a terrific record at Falkirk and came up just short in the face of extreme competition. It is inconceivable that Falkirk would be anywhere near relegation with him at the helm. Would take him at Queens but he is now a Manager who is unfairly labelled negatively despite having a managerial record that actually stacks up and has substance at this level.

5 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Sadly what ever has or has not happened the board have now put the club in a shambles of a situation.

It would seem that at 4.50pm yesterday someone at Palmerston has spat their dummy out and decided the manager has to go.

With no thought of who will take the team into the playoffs. Potentially 4 of the most important fixtures of Queens recent history.

An absolute bloody shambles.

Again, do we know that this is the case?

Admittedly, the fact that no successor has been announced does not point to a plan.  Saying the dismissal was an example of dummy spitting however, makes it sound like an irrational act.  I'm not sure that it was.

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

Nothing surprises me with Billy, but thought Mark had more class about him. Disappointed with events on and off the pitch. Could be a wee bit uncomfortable for the directors next weekend.

Mark didn’t know anything about it. Yesterday’s sacking was ALL down to Billy   Hewitson 

He’s the only person that lacks class here.