The Queen of the South thread

Who will take us into the playoffs? this could end us as the team seem clueless already 
Dobbie please. Never mentioned Ellis so perhaps him and Dobbs?

Anyone who will attempt to take a game to the opposition will be an improvement.

The Board would like to thank Gary for his efforts during his time at Palmerston.  Unfortunately we are in a results business and our recent results haven't been good enough.

Is this the chairman putting the boot in to try and take the heat off?

Bit rich sacking him for coming second bottom of the championship. He was second bottom of league one when they decided to hire him!

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Magic to come back? Petrie at Montrose would be a shout if they dont beat us in play offs.
Petrie will probably be Dunfermline manager in the near future. I'm sure he has recently signed a 3 year deal at Montrose. No danger we'll be able to afford that. Magic could be a good shout. Or maybe even McIntyre...

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

He was going regardless .

So why did they not do it earlier, when it might have prevented us finishing 9th?

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's not an unrealistic target for our club to finish top 4 or at least challenge to do so. I like Naysmith but he hasn't come anywhere near achieving it. he made 2 huge errors for me. One sticking with Martin for way too long and secondly not having a back up striker in the squad. These 2 decisions alone have cost us significantly.  As I say I really like Naysmith but for me it's time for a change. 

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Circumstances that include getting to field the best Queens player most of us have ever seen, during the season of his life?

Those are major errors and there are many more.

This decision should have been made at very latest after Inverness home defeat -  the writing was clearly on the wall at that point.

Naysmith quite clearly cannot motivate, organise or coach a group of players to a satisfactory level.

He has had us on a downward spiral for the majority of his tenure  and has served up the most dreadful, unattractive -with the very odd exception -  approach to football  that I have seen.

Let's not hear any talk of budget constraints , he has been backed but has mismanaged  that .

I am sure Alloa would have a much lower budget than us but they are safe and critically have a Manager who is positive, motivated and can impart that to his players and he and his staff can obviously organise and coach a team to get results when required.

18 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wouldn’t bet on that tbh

I would , now that naysmith is gone even more so, been watching your opposition (mo raith  Forfar ) decent enough teams but QOTS from what I have seen are far better. (Dobie )

He has had us on a downward spiral for the majority of his tenure  and has served up the most dreadful, unattractive -with the very odd exception -  approach to football  that I have seen.

Majority of his tenure? Piss off. We were sitting pretty in 4th place and the last 16 of the Scottish Cup after pumping County 4-0, and Dundee 3-0. Been in a downward spiral for 6 months. He got time to sort his mess, and he never. I’d have given him the play-offs, but regardless of the outcome, he should’ve left after anyway.

Ridiculous to say we’ve been a downward spiral for the MAJORITY of his 2 and a half year tenure.