The Queen of the South thread

Is this maybe a week to be supportive, positive and forget any pro/anti board or Naysmith comments ?

Yes. But lets be honest the fans have been giving the him and the chairman too easy a time. Been very lucky we have so many happy clappers tbh. 

11 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Yes. But lets be honest the fans have been giving the him and the chairman too easy a time. Been very lucky we have so many happy clappers tbh. 

Surely this week it is all about the Partick game. 

Every Queens fan should try and get behind the team to get us the win  we need to  keep us in the Championship .

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely this week it is all about the Partick game. 

Every Queens fan should try and get behind the team to get us the win  we need to  keep us in the Championship .

^^^ Says the most regularly pessimistic "supporter" on here. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Given the sometimes astounding levels of ineptitude on show this season I think our fans have been very restrained with their criticism. Perhaps if we had been more vocal with our criticism the board would have been forced to act. Not that that would necessarily have fixed anything.

After a good, bad or indifferent season the manager’s future would be a talking point on here. It doesn’t mean we’re all going to hurl abuse at the team for 90 minutes on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Dobbie11 said:

Agree we need to support team, but that shouldn't stop fans  discussing the reasons behind us being in the position we are. Surely  that's what this forum is for. 

Absolutely this.

I don't think those questioning decisions made, or examining reasons for our predicament, are going to be anything other than entirely behind the team on Saturday.

The idea that doing those things is out of place this week, is daft.

I think Flash nailed it with his comment about the positive posts on here in January not stopping us going on a long winless run.

It’s almost as if the mood of the posts on here have no relevance to how we play. Which is fortunate as Northfield alone would see us relegated to the Lowland League.

Think we should get the team and management doon to Dumfries for a training session this week and to meet the supporters. They can then find out what a win on Saturday would mean to us.

Come Saturday night or end of the playoff, the players/managers futures will be decided, some may be with us another season or two, others may go play at a higher level, others similar level and others may drop a level but us supporters will still be here. It's our team.

Players/management come and go but supporters remain true

2 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Think we should get the team and management doon to Dumfries for a training session this week and to meet the supporters. They can then find out what a win on Saturday would mean to us.

I'd rather they spent the time working on defending crosses.

I sincerely hope we're not having any awards presentations before this Saturday's game. lets have full concentration on the preparation for the game and do any awards ceremony after it.  IIRC the presentations last season were done after the game, which I think Naysmith wanted, hopefully it will be the same this time.

41 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I sincerely hope we're not having any awards presentations before this Saturday's game. lets have full concentration on the preparation for the game and do any awards ceremony after it.  IIRC the presentations last season were done after the game, which I think Naysmith wanted, hopefully it will be the same this time.

I can’t believe we’re having awards presentations.

12 hours ago, Flash said:

The negative shitebaggery has been the worst part of his reign. Playing Doyle in right midfield was laughable. The last straw for me was playing 8 defensive players against Morton. Imo he often seems to be like a manager who has inherited somebody else’s squad, doesn’t know how to get the best out of them and ends up employing tactics that actually weaken the team.

However, the only difference between this season and the previous ones since he arrived is that we only took one point off Alloa. If we had taken 10 points from them, instead of them taking 10 from us, we’d be in the usual mid-table spot and Alloa would be relegated. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Alloa and they deserved to get their 10 points. But if they were getting that off everybody else, they would have strolled the league.  Even if we had just won the 2 home games v Alloa, we would be safe. It shows what can happen when you don’t try to win every game and you rely on beating the apparent weaker team 3 or 4 times to keep you safe.  Some might say it is obvious that you pick up more points against the lower ranked teams. I’m not so sure that it hasn’t been a deliberate tactic of Naysmith’s to shitfest an average of about a point a game against everybody else and only really “go for it” against the team expected to be at the bottom. Whether it has been or not, that is the main difference this season. His reign has been pretty miserable for the most part, despite having the best player any of us have seen playing for us.

sorry flash . in my opinion ted tinman mcminn best player i have seen in a queens shirt

46 minutes ago, dumfriesblue said:

sorry flash . in my opinion ted tinman mcminn best player i have seen in a queens shirt

McMinn was very talented  but I suspect you'll be in a very small minority who think he was better than Dobbie. Having seen both no comparison for me. Dobbie every time.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

McMinn was very talented  but I suspect you'll be in a very small minority who think he was better than Dobbie. Having seen both no comparison for me. Dobbie every time.

my belief is that ted mcminn was an excellent player . best i have seen in 50 years .  dobbie is a good player but queens are too dependant on stephen dobbie . a one man team you might say .  where as mcminn was playing in same team as george cloy allan ball   stewart cochrane other decent players . ted just stood out in a decent team .

my belief is that ted mcminn was an excellent player . best i have seen in 50 years .  dobbie is a good player but queens are too dependant on stephen dobbie . a one man team you might say .  where as mcminn was playing in same team as george cloy allan ball   stewart cochrane other decent players . ted just stood out in a decent team .
So McMinn had an able supporting cast which would have made him perform better, whereas Dobbie is carrying a whole side? Reckon Dobbie wins there then ;)

19 minutes ago, dumfriesblue said:

And Dobbie was still a superb player in the 2008/2009 season in a team with a few decent players before he got his move.