The Queen of the South thread

29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Time now for the board to follow Falkirks lead & drop the prices for the last 2 league games at Palmerston. Falkirk prices have been cut to £10 & £5. 

Falkirk will now get a huge crowd no point doing that with us it will just end up costing Queens money  

Do you really think that will get the folk of Dumfries back at Palmy even if you charge a £5 you would still get the same 1200 fans.

Dumfries has lost interest in Queens

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

Falkirk will now get a huge crowd no point doing that with us it will just end up costing Queens money  

Do you really think that will get the folk of Dumfries back at Palmy even if you charge a £5 you would still get the same 1200 fans.

Dumfries has lost interest in Queens

If it comes down to the final game against Thistle, I kind of think we really should do something, almost like just opening the gates and advertising it like mad.  

It probably won't work, but Christ, we're desperate.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Hard to argue with folk not wanting to pay £18 to watch this absolute gang of “professionals”

canae argue dougie . especially when i attended the falkirk midweek game paid my £18 and got a £10 concessions ticket .   if it happens again  a guy off 53 years will no longer be back at palmerston

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had to check! He started 15 in the league and we conceded 11. That actually surprised me tbh. So you have to imagine had he stayed we wouldn't be any better off with crosses. I don't know how often he personally lost his man and I'm not as keen to go through all the highlights to pinpoint who was at fault most emoji38.png.

We've had 9 clean sheets and Semple started in 5 of them FWIW.

I'm surprised at that. But then again, it doesnt help when only 1 player can head a ball and a GK likes his goal-line too much. Aye, stay away from the highlights or you'll just depress yourself! Good work, thanks! 

19 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

David Hopkin would be a great appointment as a new manager but the board as always will do nothing just sit and hope Queens somehow avoid relegation .

Why on earth would David Hopkin want to take on that job (or the Morton job for that matter, as has also been suggested) at this stage of the season? Even if your board wanted him he'd have to be an absolute mentalist to accept when everything will be settled in a few weeks time. 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why on earth would David Hopkin want to take on that job (or the Morton job for that matter, as has also been suggested) at this stage of the season? Even if your board wanted him he'd have to be an absolute mentalist to accept when everything will be settled in a few weeks time. 

This.

If you are going to quote things like this be good to be accurate. He has been given a 2 game ban with 6 games suspended for a year.  Looks like the panel wanted to be sure he could play against Queens if needed.

19 minutes ago, baw heid said:

If you are going to quote things like this be good to be accurate. He has been given a 2 game ban with 6 games suspended for a year.  Looks like the panel wanted to be sure he could play against Queens if needed.

Fair enough. I just copied what I read, that's all there was to it, nothing along the lines of a suspension of 6 games for a year. 

22 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Well he won't because Ross County play Ayr then Queens... 2 match ban. 

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hmmm. I'm never comfortably with a club calling out fans who "hide behind computer keyboards". However well intentioned it may be, all it does is foster a 'them and us' mentality, imo.

It must mean we should tell them to their faces to f**k off.

Guest Flash
10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hmmm. I'm never comfortably with a club calling out fans who "hide behind computer keyboards". However well intentioned it may be, all it does is foster a 'them and us' mentality, imo.

Yeah, seems a bit daft to put that in when you’re trying to rally the troops. They do these PR things about as well as they defend corners.