The Queen of the South thread

Is there a minimum time that TV has to give for a game to be moved to a Friday night - is the Patrick game in any threat of being moved? I do realise that all games should be played at the same time on last weekend but could they all be moved to a Friday night even at this late stage?

When were Queens first aware that Ross County game may be moved?

If, and it's a big "if", we still have a chance of avoiding automatic relegation by the last home game of the season against Partick, I do hope the "powers that be" that are in charge of these things don't allow the pre match preparations of the players to be interrupted by the usual end of season award ceremonies on the pitch. Let's get the game over first.

Guest Flash
Just now, JessieField said:

If, and it's a big "if", we still have a chance of avoiding automatic relegation by the last home game of the season against Partick, I do hope the "powers that be" that are in charge of these things don't allow the pre match preparations of the players to be interrupted by the usual end of season award ceremonies on the pitch. Let's get the game over first.

Yeah, wait until after the match before presenting the wooden spoon.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Relegated in your centenary year. Such a QoS thing to happen.

If we get relegated this season, it will be the 3rd time out of 4 since reconstruction that we have been relegated from the second tier in a season ending in x8/x9. The only time we’ve been in the second tier in an x8/x9 season and not been relegated was in 08/09. And we nearly managed it that year as well.

Our results against Alloa alone are enough to suggest we deserve to go down. Naysmith just doesn’t seem to have the answer against the lower teams in the division. On the plus side I was surprised to see us still sitting 4th bottom.
Can Naysmith motivate the team for a result against Dunfermline? I’m not sure

Wasn't at game but Going by Gary Naysmith's after match interview Queens should have been out of site in the match creating numerous chances but not taking one, He was happy with number of chances created and performance but lost another crazy goal this time direct from a corner!!! Can imagine two /three changes for next Sat from front to back, the last time we played Dunfermline Aird was mom for 65 mins surely he might start this game. Get Todd upfront Dykes behind him creating.

Team I would like to see - Mehmet, Mercer, Doyle, Maguire, Marshall, Aird, Wilson, Jacobs, Stirling, Dykes & Todd. 

Wasn't at game but Going by Gary Naysmith's after match interview Queens should have been out of site in the match creating numerous chances but not taking one, He was happy with number of chances created and performance but lost another crazy goal this time direct from a corner!!! Can imagine two /three changes for next Sat from front to back, the last time we played Dunfermline Aird was mom for 65 mins surely he might start this game. Get Todd upfront Dykes behind him creating.
Team I would like to see - Mehmet, Mercer, Doyle, Maguire, Marshall, Aird, Wilson, Jacobs, Stirling, Dykes & Todd. 

It’s rubbish that we should have been out of sight but we were the better team. It’s a dreadful result but in all honesty it’s hardly a shock.
Wouldn’t argue with your team but to be honest the formation today wasn’t the issue. Loads of possession but we didn’t look like scoring.
Big decision for Naysmith re the goalie but if Mehmet has ever caught a cross he should start next week

The cockiness of earlier in the season seems to have disappeared somewhat. TBF I think you will beat Dunfermline. They look like they have downed tools for the summer on yesterday's evidence

The cockiness of earlier in the season seems to have disappeared somewhat. TBF I think you will beat Dunfermline. They look like they have downed tools for the summer on yesterday's evidence
What cockiness?

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:04, queenslad said:

We need a change of tactics at corners. This everyone back in the box is not allowing any sort of out ball should we actually clear a corner. It allows the opposition to put extra players in the box, and when we kick or header clear it goes to opposition player who has all the time in the world to put in another cross

Man Utd bring every player back at a corner. (Personally I agree with you, maybe it's the latest "trend" with managers?). (Man Utd are faster on the break though as well!)

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

Man Utd bring every player back at a corner. (Personally I agree with you, maybe it's the latest "trend" with managers?). (Man Utd are faster on the break though as well!)

Maybe Naysmith is sending scouts to Old Trafford..

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

What cockiness?

There was some really cringey stuff as the January transfer window was closing.  Absurd levels of optimism were in evidence.  

I don't think any of us were foreseeing it going this hideously wrong at that point, but Queens fans should always fear the worst.

There was some really cringey stuff as the January transfer window was closing.  Absurd levels of optimism were in evidence.  
I don't think any of us were foreseeing it going this hideously wrong at that point, but Queens fans should always fear the worst.
Optimism, even absurd levels is different to cockiness. I know one poster is always overly optimistic but even he can't be regarded as cocky. I'm happy to be proven wrong by BPM's but if there is one thing QoS fans aren't it's cocky.

The Board need to make a change for the last 3 games to give us a fighting chance of staying up. Thank GN for his efforts, but let him go early. He wont be here next year anyway and bringing someone else in now would let then have a look at the squad in terms of preparing for next season.
A fresh pair of eyes looking at the squad and the tactics might (just) be enough to keep us up. There is no evidence that things will change otherwise (1 win in 13 under GN would suggest he cant arrest the current situation).
Whats David Hopkin up to these days?