The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, ThomCat said:

What's up with Aird? Not mentioned in match preview. Not on bench. 

Still not recovered from the result of the last arsecheeks match.

Since he arrived he's barely made an impression apart from the last Dunfermline away game where he was about our best player.  Bit part appearances, a "niggling injury" and "illness"  hasn't helped to show what can do but,  for me,  it's been  another poor deal to bring him here. 

Since he arrived he's barely made an impression apart from the last Dunfermline away game where he was about our best player.  Bit part appearances, a "niggling injury" and "illness"  hasn't helped to show what can do but,  for me,  it's been  another poor deal to bring him here. 
Thought he was our best player at home to Caley. I don't think he's been given enough game time tbh, maybe too attack minded for GN's liking. We could really do with him back on Saturday. At least his deliveries would be some form of threat. At this stage a threat is something we are dreadfully lacking.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:

Thought he was our best player at home to Caley. I don't think he's been given enough game time tbh, maybe too attack minded for GN's liking. We could really do with him back on Saturday. At least his deliveries would be some form of threat. At this stage a threat is something we are dreadfully lacking.

With the height of Dykes and maybe  McGrath up front we should be looking to get better deliveries into the box.  (I know McGrath missed a sitter last night). I'm not really too sure how wide men will fare on the Alloa pitch. 

Time to get ready for league 1 I'd say if dobbies season is over we are in big trouble the squad was always to small but the decision to not bring in another goal scorer was always going to haunt us.
We simply MUST WIN at Alloa on sat

51 minutes ago, gogs said:

Time to get ready for league 1 I'd say if dobbies season is over we are in big trouble the squad was always to small but the decision to not bring in another goal scorer was always going to haunt us.
We simply MUST WIN at Alloa on sat

Would love to have the new year derby back,a small team on a small budget against Stranraer excellent:thumsup2

Not ideal but probably gives more Queens fans a chance to see them considering only the diehards will be travelling anyway.  We've got a good record against Ross County this season but given our current state and league position we could just as easily be embarrassed on national TV. Hopefully by the time it comes round our fate will have been decided one way or the other. 

No coincidence that the team who is displaying a positive approach is the one getting wins and taking control of their own destiny. Alloa are pressing the ball high up the pitch, getting men in the box and are not playing to simply avoid defeat. When you do that you invariably get breaks and the ball has an uncanny knack of falling for you. Conversely when you continually sit deep and allow the opposition to dictate play you are relying on very meagre attacking rations.

Morton and Falkirk are as negative as we are (and that’s saying something), Partick less so but still unconvincing.

I keep hoping that in one of these relegation battles -we might actually go away from home and make a concerted positive effort to win the game. I have now given up completely on that (Manager in denial)and I just hope that we can somehow get lucky and survive. We will need help from others as I don’t think we are capable of taking care of our own business but I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Relegation at this point could see us consigned to a lengthy stay in the third tier of Scottish football if we don’t get out at first attempt.

5 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

No coincidence that the team who is displaying a positive approach is the one getting wins and taking control of their own destiny. Alloa are pressing the ball high up the pitch, getting men in the box and are not playing to simply avoid defeat. When you do that you invariably get breaks and the ball has an uncanny knack of falling for you. Conversely when you continually sit deep and allow the opposition to dictate play you are relying on very meagre attacking rations.

Morton and Falkirk are as negative as we are (and that’s saying something), Partick less so but still unconvincing.

I keep hoping that in one of these relegation battles -we might actually go away from home and make a concerted positive effort to win the game. I have now given up completely on that (Manager in denial)and I just hope that we can somehow get lucky and survive. We will need help from others as I don’t think we are capable of taking care of our own business but I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Relegation at this point could see us consigned to a lengthy stay in the third tier of Scottish football if we don’t get out at first attempt.

Believe  You can do it

We need a change of tactics at corners. This everyone back in the box is not allowing any sort of out ball should we actually clear a corner. It allows the opposition to put extra players in the box, and when we kick or header clear it goes to opposition player who has all the time in the world to put in another cross

6 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Don't know what I'd be more upset about, Dobbie not beating the 41 mark or us going down. Both would tip me over the edge. 

Frankly I’d quite happily not see another Dobbie goal if it meant avoiding a return to League 1!