The Queen of the South thread

12 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Dobbie on 39 goals now. Wouldn't it be great if he got another 3 in the next two home games to become the highest scorer in one season ever for Queens? (Especially the Centenary season).

It would be fantastic if he could do it on Tuesday night scoring another Hatrick v Falkirk, He is overdue one!!! 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

It would be fantastic if he could do it on Tuesday night scoring another Hatrick v Falkirk, He is overdue one!!! 

I'll settle for him scoring just one goal as long as it wins the game. 

Big week ahead with playing our nearest rivals both at home. Two wins would be fantastic  but a return of 4, 3 or 2 points would mean we are still in a similar situation. Important we don't lose either game as Morton streak ahead and Falkirk potentially go above us too. Falkirk Alloa too so plenty of interest

1 hour ago, queenslad said:

Big week ahead with playing our nearest rivals both at home. Two wins would be fantastic  but a return of 4, 3 or 2 points would mean we are still in a similar situation. Important we don't lose either game as Morton streak ahead and Falkirk potentially go above us too. Falkirk Alloa too so plenty of interest

Canny see Morton streak ahead to me they are the club in most danger of the relegation playoffs.. 

Had expected a defeat at Tannadice so have already said anything other than a win against Falkirk was unthinkable. We could really do with it still but a draw wouldn't be as disastrous now we picked up that win.

Anyone see Andy Stirling’s post match interview after the Falkirk epic?

Doyle was clowning about with a brush in the background and intervened with some bad jokes. Doyle seems quite a ‘character’ and must be a great guy to have in the dressing room. He may not always be the most sophisticated player but he really does give 100%. And you can hear him always shouting and encouraging his team-mates. I’d have him POY if it wasn’t for one S Dobbie.....

Noticed that. He was having a bit of banter early in the second half with one of the stewards as well while playing [emoji38]

He'd probably be my 3rd choice player this season. Missing Todd all this time shows how important he is for us and would probably be my 2nd behind Dobbs. Dykes probably 4th.

Yeah Doyle has been a very good signing.  As long as he continues at centre half and not right midfield!  He's strong, quick, decent in the air and reads the game well.  We are sadly lacking in leadership so the fact he is so vocal is also a massive plus point.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Noticed that. He was having a bit of banter early in the second half with one of the stewards as well while playing emoji38.png

He'd probably be my 3rd choice player this season. Missing Todd all this time shows how important he is for us and would probably be my 2nd behind Dobbs. Dykes probably 4th.

He also had a playful dig at one of the ballboys last night who made no attempt at all to retrieve a ball that was very close to him.  Doyle ended up collecting it and then he said something to him.

Yeah Doyle has been a very good signing.  As long as he continues at centre half and not right midfield!  He's strong, quick, decent in the air and reads the game well.  We are sadly lacking in leadership so the fact he is so vocal is also a massive plus point.

He also had a playful dig at one of the ballboys last night who made no attempt at all to retrieve a ball that was very close to him.  Doyle ended up collecting it and then he said something to him.

About time someone did, no picking on them, but too many of them actually do f**k all

That's the incident I'm talking about. I thought it was the steward because the steward looked at him and I couldn't see a ballboy. He must have been slumped right down. Maybe the reason Doyle gave him a wee ribbing!

9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

The opposite of the ball boy next to the QoS dugout who very quickly retrieved and throw the ball to the attacking Falkirk players in second half before QoS defenders were back in position, ball boys maybe need instruction before game when to slow game down or speed up... 

That's the incident I'm talking about. I thought it was the steward because the steward looked at him and I couldn't see a ballboy. He must have been slumped right down. Maybe the reason Doyle gave him a wee ribbing!

I thought it might have been. I can’t remember what he said but it was along the lines of “I’ll just get it then will I?” The boy was quite happy for that to happen, in fact he was so unaware that he was neglecting his duty I’m not even sure he heard Doyle.

A relation of Alan Martin perhaps.

Re: the ball boys/girls,  I wouldn't be running about like a daftie  on a cold night for half a pie and a packet of crisps.  Debatable if we need as many anyway, apart from the Terregles Road end the other sides have fences to stop the ball and if it goes into the crowd they can surely throw it back.  Players can surely walk/run a few yards to get a ball. If the crowd play silly buggers and don't return the ball quickly there's not a lot the ball boys/girls can do about it.  It's not as  if Queens players want the ball back quickly to take a quick throw- in anyway,  if they take less than 30 seconds to throw it that's quick for them.