The Queen of the South thread

I couldn't attend but congratulations to everyone involved in the Hall of Fame/Centenary evening, especially Jim McCormick who is a legend in his own right, but has been too modest to acknowledge it.  Hope he gets the message now!

2 hours ago, doonhamer64 said:

I couldn't attend but congratulations to everyone involved in the Hall of Fame/Centenary evening, especially Jim McCormick who is a legend in his own right, but has been too modest to acknowledge it.  Hope he gets the message now!

You are so right .A non trumpet blower .Modest  and different class bloke .

Jacobs and Low formed a successful partnership when they played. In the 5 games they’ve played together, we’ve beat ICT and Ross County, drawn with and beaten Dundee and lost to Aberdeen, which there is no shame in. Absolutely no reason to break up that combination.

5 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Kudos to the board for coming out in support of strict liability along with Annan and Partick. Feels good as a supporter when you are trusted with the future of your club doesn’t it?

You clearly have no idea that most top flight clubs have found themselves with groups of 14 year olds who turn up every few months, chuck flares about and start trying to scrap with any away fan they can find. Literally every club has had the same issue.

Saints had a group of Rangers fans turn up for three games, call themselves Ultras, and they proceeded to start fighting away fans, including families, for three away games, then vanished again. I'm sure its fair that the club gets heavily fined and points deducted for that.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You clearly have no idea that most top flight clubs have found themselves with groups of 14 year olds who turn up every few months, chuck flares about and start trying to scrap with any away fan they can find. Literally every club has had the same issue.

Saints had a group of Rangers fans turn up for three games, call themselves Ultras, and they proceeded to start fighting away fans, including families, for three away games, then vanished again. I'm sure its fair that the club gets heavily fined and points deducted for that.

Ach well, we'll just keep on tolerating the old sectarian singing then.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not at all, I just dont see why smaller clubs should place themselves down the barrel of a gun in the hope it hits the bigger clubs when its fired. 

Those in charge would still shitehawk out doing anything about the Old Firm, and would only use the rule against clubs unable to fight back. That's how it's been for decades, and that's how it would remain, you're deluding yourself to believe otherwise.

Identifying individuals and punishing them is far preferable, in my eyes.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Not at all, I just dont see why smaller clubs should place themselves down the barrel of a gun in the hope it hits the bigger clubs when its fired.

This is where the massive problem comes in.

If anyone thinks that this system would be used fairly, then they haven't been paying attention to the way the SPFL and SFA conduct themselves. I'd be for strict liability, but I don't, and therefore I'm dead against it. I suspect that many of the clubs against it feel the same way.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

OK taking a step back here - in an era where terrorists regularly  target entertainment events should it be even remotely acceptable that groups of 14 year olds are let I to football grounds with flares? Not in my opinion. Seriously if that is happening then yes - the club must take some responsibility for that. 

1 hour ago, steakpiegravy said:

OK taking a step back here - in an era where terrorists regularly  target entertainment events should it be even remotely acceptable that groups of 14 year olds are let I to football grounds with flares? Not in my opinion. Seriously if that is happening then yes - the club must take some responsibility for that. 

I agree with the club's support of Strict Liability but I very much doubt Dave from 3rd year is plotting to blow up a Football Stadium with his flares, and then the club gets fined for it. That's a terrible comparison. 

I can sort of understand the fans of the 2 arse cheeks being against strict liability - a large proportion of them want to keep singing the sectarian stuff - its been handed down for generations and is all they know. They dont want their “fun” to stop and im not sure they appreciate how abhorrent other fans find it. The 2 clubs benefit enormously from the sectarian pound so they’re not going to do anything to piss off these fans. There are obviously many, many decent fans among them, but i dont understand why the decent ones continue to support a club where a large proportion of the fan base continues to spout shite on a weekly basis. Why the smaller clubs (and their fans) would be against strict liability totally baffles me. What the f**k do you think your fans are going to start doing to incur strict liability fines/points deductions, etc? Are Albion Rovers suddenly going to be supported by swathes of right wing thugs smashing up local high streets ffs. Baffling.