The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would rather know the Queens team today, anybody know who else was playing apart from Dobbie? 

Doubt there would have been much difference to our recent starting 11's, unless GN played most the young boys who have beem filling the bench. As for wanting to know if Hearts had a strong team out, we won and if it was a strong Hearts side then it's a confidence boost for the players.

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I was wondering that as well or does it carry on to the Dundee UTD game madness to suspend your own player a fine would have been enough .

The 1 game suspension was to allow time for his ‘sore back’ to recover. 

On 17/03/2019 at 17:23, Northfield 53 said:

Think Todd will try and miss the rest of the season he has his move to Dundee why play again for Queens.

Low is a decent player when fit but he has a long term groin injury that will probably keep him out the rest of the season .

Hopefully the 3 week break will help Queens we can try and start again I would play  the 1st team in reserve games to try and get the confidence back hopefully score a few goals a risk of injury but worth the risk .

On 18/03/2019 at 00:32, JessieField said:

I agree about Todd, I think he's took the huff about not getting transferred on the last day of the "window" and will not play for the rest of the season.

Apparently Todd played in the closed door game against Hearts today. 

Doesn't sound like someone who either doesn't want to play or has taken the huff.

I was at Airdrie v Forfar today, don't ask.... but if it's Forfar that end up in the playoff final I'll feel a lot better about Queens' chances of staying up. Awful game.

As @Distant Doonhamer suggested in the relegation thread, our chances of survival have improved during this spell without a league game.

It is ironic that our survival hopes have increased considerably by virtue of our inactivity and all relevant results going our way. If ICT could beat Alloa on Tuesday that would be very helpful but knowing the unpredictability of this league you just never know.

Onus now on players to get their act together. The return of Todd should make a big difference.

When you see some of our rivals in action it reinforces the view that the league is choked full of mediocrity and we should be more than capable of a mid table slot. The big proviso is will our Manager continue with his overly cautious approach or will he finally realise that it is wins not draws that will get us out of trouble? Going down would be awful but going down sitting back, giving our opponents far too much respect would be the final straw.

Hopefully this break allows all injured players to get there fitness back upto scratch. Todd and Low have been massive losses to us, can’t take players of there quality out of the side and not expect a negative effect with our squad size. Time to take last run of games on the chin, move on and start picking up points again.

Think with everyone fit we need to go -

Martin

Mercer Doyle Maguire Marshall

Stirling/Aird Wilson Low Todd

Dykes Dobbie

Depth to our bench as well, with Jacobs, fordyce sitting out.

7 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Hopefully this break allows all injured players to get there fitness back upto scratch. Todd and Low have been massive losses to us, can’t take players of there quality out of the side and not expect a negative effect with our squad size. Time to take last run of games on the chin, move on and start picking up points again.

Martin

Dykes Dobbie

Nice idea but what I do know is that Fordyce will be wedged in as always.

Meaning Doyle will go wide right in midfield.....

Dont agree with it but it will happen.

38 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Martin

Dykes Dobbie

Would drop Wilson from the team I have yet to see why he is so highly rated  

Think every game he has played for us we have lost.

Would drop Wilson from the team I have yet to see why he is so highly rated  
Think every game he has played for us we have lost.

Cause I’ve watched him on telly for Killie and under 21s, he’s very decent as he proved in Dundee United game. Our problem is you’ve got him and Jacobs wanting to do the same job. It’s harsh on Jacobs but Wilson is significantly better on the ball than he is.

As for Fordyce, he’s a good lad gives his lot, but think injuries have ruined him. Can barely jump takes about an hour and half to turn as well.

Northfield,  that remark about Wilson also applies to every player that played when we lost, or are all the defeats solely down to him.  

Aird not eligible for the United game so Stirling and Todd should hopefully feature. Brownlie could/will also be shoehorned in (again) at the back.  Personally I would go with Wilson and Maguire in central defence but it won't happen.  

Martin

Dykes Dobbie

That’s our strongest team on paper IMO but I don’t think we are ever likely to see it. Fordyce, Brownlie and Jacobs appear to be undroppable, and Doyle seems to be first choice right midfielder.

Hopefully the introduction of Ellis will bring some fresh ideas to the table as we seem to be stuck in a rut of doing the same things but hoping for a different outcome.

3 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Martin

Dykes Dobbie

If everyone is fit that is the team I would go with too  BUT

3 hours ago, SueSue said:

Nice idea but what I do know is that Fordyce will be wedged in as always.

Meaning Doyle will go wide right in midfield.....

Dont agree with it but it will happen.

meaning Stirling will be forced out, Brownlie will probably be selected as well and we will continue with the awful approach that is the norm for Naysmith.

One of many reasons he should have been ditched before now  - this enforced break has worked in his favour as surely an adverse result at Ayr would have been the end.

He must be gone at the end of the season  at the very latest.