The Queen of the South thread

On the evidence of the last Ayr game I saw on the telly they seem to have the only Keeper in the division who's worse at crosses than ours so I'm going for a 5-5 draw for this one. And I'm going to the game too provided Somerset hasn't blown down in the wind.

Doohan is arguably the best goalie in the league and his main strength is catching crosses. Was an absolute fluke that McGhee managed to score.

1 hour ago, Douglas1972 said:

only way we get anything at ayr is if we have todd and low both on the park .i personally cant see them playing for queens much before end of season .

I disagree with regards Doohan.

He has been an excellent loan signing. For a young lad he commands his area, very good shot stopper and has been a big part of Ayr’s fine season.

Yes he will make the odd mistake......... as ALL keepers do but for one so young I would love to see him have another year out on loan with us !although I know that won’t happen.

On 15/03/2019 at 14:48, Douglas1972 said:

only way we get anything at ayr is if we have todd and low both on the park .i personally cant see them playing for queens much before end of season .

Think Todd will try and miss the rest of the season he has his move to Dundee why play again for Queens.

Low is a decent player when fit but he has a long term groin injury that will probably keep him out the rest of the season .

Hopefully the 3 week break will help Queens we can try and start again I would play  the 1st team in reserve games to try and get the confidence back hopefully score a few goals a risk of injury but worth the risk .

5 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Think Todd will try and miss the rest of the season he has his move to Dundee why play again for Queens.

Low is a decent player when fit but he has a long term groin injury that will probably keep him out the rest of the season .

Hopefully the 3 week break will help Queens we can try and start again I would play  the 1st team in reserve games to try and get the confidence back hopefully score a few goals a risk of injury but worth the risk .

Are you actually for real ? 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why would Todd want or need to play again for Queens 

He`s a footballer.  Amazingly such beings want to play football.

He can presumably earn more if he plays. I know it`s a long shot but he might even pick up a wee bonus for a draw or a win. :o

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He`s a footballer.  Amazingly such beings want to play football.

He can presumably earn more if he plays. I know it`s a long shot but he might even pick up a wee bonus for a draw or a win. :o

Bonus for a draw, that would explain a lot.

Martin been fined and suspended for 1 match by the club for his behaviour. 

How has he been for yous? A bit surprised that he hasn’t made it to the premiership because he was simply outstanding for us. Rarely at Championship level had I seen a keeper so capable of taking the pressure off his defence at crosses etc.

On 3/15/2019 at 14:48, Douglas1972 said:

Low is a cracking player when fit for this level but the problem in Scotland is him being fit

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nicky-low/verletzungen/spieler/95986

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

How has he been for yous? A bit surprised that he hasn’t made it to the premiership because he was simply outstanding for us. Rarely at Championship level had I seen a keeper so capable of taking the pressure off his defence at crosses etc.

Dracula should be his nickname as he won't go near crosses.  TBF it seems to be increasingly popular for keepers to stay on their line rather than command their area. 

On 3/17/2019 at 17:23, Northfield 53 said:

I would play  the 1st team in reserve games to try and get the confidence back hopefully score a few goals a risk of injury but worth the risk .

Absolutely no 1st team players in the reserves today, which was a bit of a surprise after Saturday's game was called off. 

3-1 win for Aberdeen, who had a man sent off after about 15 mins when it was still 0-0. Bailey White had a penalty saved but scored an equaliser just before half time.

57 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Absolutely no 1st team players in the reserves today, which was a bit of a surprise after Saturday's game was called off. 

3-1 win for Aberdeen, who had a man sent off after about 15 mins when it was still 0-0. Bailey White had a penalty saved but scored an equaliser just before half time.

The manager has little choice at the moment for the first team Squad, No way does he want any of his players to get injured in a reserve fuxture....