The Queen of the South thread

Naysmith’s first game in charge was on Tuesday 6 December 2016 against St.Mirren which was our 7th defeat in a row.

Thanks Flash shame on me for overlooking that run. Am I right in thinking that the Albion Rovers defeat was part of that chapter?

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

No we beat Alloa 2-0 in the Irn-Bru cup during that awful run.

Ah, right.  We could still be poised on the brink of history then.

The previous run involved three different managers.  This one is more of a solo project.

Guest Flash
On 05/12/2016 at 09:55, Flash said:

12 in the league.

5 in the league at home.

So still a bit short. I'm sure they will do their best.

On 05/12/2016 at 10:16, Flash said:

The 12 came in the 63/64 season when we were in the top division.

We've done the 5 home defeats in a row 3 times - in 58/59, 63/64 and at the end of 05/06 into 06/07. So the last time we did 5 home defeats in a row in a single season was in 63/64 in the top division.

Found these posts earlier in the thread about our record number of consecutive defeats.

Ross County defender Callum Semple has been charged with betting on football matches.
Semple was issued with a notice of complaint today by the Scottish FA for bets made between the period of July 1 and March 1, in which he also played for Queen of the South on loan from Sheffield United.

..... from Press and Journal.

On 1/29/2019 at 08:03, BuieCounty said:

Okay, Cheers. he will hopefully do well for as at centre back and we'll manage at left back with the other options

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You my friend...

Are correct

I am with you all on this. A nice win is on the cards and where better to get it ?

On the evidence of the last Ayr game I saw on the telly they seem to have the only Keeper in the division who's worse at crosses than ours so I'm going for a 5-5 draw for this one. And I'm going to the game too provided Somerset hasn't blown down in the wind.