The Queen of the South thread

As for comments slagging Alan on this, I actually spoke to him at the fun day at the Palmerston arena and he seemed like a nice guy. He may not be the best keeper we’ve had but to constantly keep slagging him and abusing him is a bit much. 

37 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

As for comments slagging Alan on this, I actually spoke to him at the fun day at the Palmerston arena and he seemed like a nice guy. He may not be the best keeper we’ve had but to constantly keep slagging him and abusing him is a bit much. 

That`s the issue for me. The criticism has been far from constant, in fact it`s been quite restrained and would certainly have been worse at many other clubs.  I think one or two people overstepped the mark on Saturday but surely a professional footballer can deal with that and would realise the frustration involved- if not at the time then surely in retrospect.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Abuse? Come on. He got a few shouts of disapproval on Saturday after making a horse's arse of it again. He hasn't come anywhere close to being abused by our support.

1 hour ago, temps15 said:

Its that time of the year when i am away sailing the Seven seas and didn't make it to Palmy Who was in the Dug out with GN

The subs, the goalie coach, the physio, the kit man & the reserve team manager... 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Abuse? Come on. He got a few shouts of disapproval on Saturday after making a horse's arse of it again. He hasn't come anywhere close to being abused by our support.

I hear it every home game. Same folk in the Portland Drive Terracing every time. 

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

What is Queen’s record run of keague defeats? 

I don`t know but given how shite we`ve been periodically i`d be surprised if we aren't some way short of the record :o 

As an example in season 1988-89 we won the grand total of 2 league games.  drew 8 and lost 29. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don`t know but given how shite we`ve been periodically i`d be surprised if we aren't some way short of the record :o 

As an example in season 1988-89 we won the grand total of 2 league games.  drew 8 and lost 29. 

And suffered a points penalty.

19 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any word on Naysmith new assistant?? 

Let's face it, it's going to be someone desperate or a bored former colleague. If the remit runs across an agents desk it isn't going to look too interesting. Something like 'Scottish Championship team requires assistant manager. Fixed term 8 week contract with definite slim chance of a longer deal. Understanding of the George Graham style of attritional defending essential. Working knowledge of League 1 football a distinct advantage!'

Curious to what the thoughts upstairs are in the club, despite obviously wanting to stay up. They have to be planning for next season dealing with the worst case scenario in mind. I wonder if they have current players marked from other clubs that are running out of contract which they would like to see at palmerston or is it got nothing to do with anyone but the manager (which I'm aware going by results could be someone new come july)? 

The scout Mark Forsyth, I presume he must have some input bearing in mind he is constantly on the go seeing talents from other clubs albeit a few of these will be at higher budget teams in the league and may not be willing to take the cut. 

We have a player SCOUT?  This is news to me.  I know we have,  or did have,  a match analyser who goes to watch the following game's  opposition and submits a report to the Manager. If this still happens the Manager is obviously getting inadequate reports or is not acting on them properly.