The Queen of the South thread

33 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good statement from the club. I have to say I`m impressed and even surprised that the statement has been made. I fully expected that nothing would be said about the "incident".

Credit to the club :thumsup2 

Good statement  does that mean now that Martin's back injury has got better or has he played his last game for Queens 

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

I thought it was going to announce Naysmith being sacked. :(

Looks like we’ll have him until the end of the season. My guess is that Naysmith and Anderson were told a few weeks ago (before the run of defeats started) that they weren’t being kept on next season and Anderson decided not to wait that long. Imo, this kind of thing contributes to the team’s performace level dropping (like when we were top of the league and Chisholm wasn’t allowed to speak to Dundee - cue a plummet down the league and when Brannigan also stayed until the end of the season knowing he wasn’t coming back). I think they should either have given Naysmith a new contract, or binned him right away. Having  him operating in a kind of twilight zone is no good to anybody. I may well be wrong and Naysmith will be here next season. But Anderson going, the fact that no replacement has been lined up, a player developing lumbago in the course of half-time and a flat performance on Saturday all suggest otherwise.

On 09/03/2019 at 23:41, DG.Roma said:

I noticed Martin was looking into the main stand and listening to the shouts coming his way as he heading off at half time. Seemed unusual for a player in his position, they'd usually just get their head down and get away to the safety of the dressing room.

Then again, there's a lot that players in his position would usually do that doesn't get done.

One thing that should be clear to everyone now is that Alan Martin is a complete dick of a guy.  11 clubs for a 30 year old with Crewe being the only place he's managed to stay longer than 1 year. He caused a bit of backlash against Stevie Aitken when he left us by saying that he didn't offer him a two year deal which was all he wanted to sign on, it became apparent that this was complete bullshit though as Martin's agent had been touting him for a move to full time clubs 2 months previous to this. The guy's a snake and it wouldn't surprise me if this was him working his ticket out of Dumfries.

Honestly can’t see him at Palmerston next season. A great shot stopper but is glued to his line for too often.  

Verbal abuse is unfortunately part of the game but Martin gets some uncalled for verbals at times. His reaction is nothing compared to Barry John Corrs years again. Anyone remember that :)

8 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Honestly can’t see him at Palmerston next season. A great shot stopper but is glued to his line for too often.  

Verbal abuse is unfortunately part of the game but Martin gets some uncalled for verbals at times. His reaction is nothing compared to Barry John Corrs years again. Anyone remember that :)

He`s a decent shot stopper to a level that should be a given for a keeper at Championship level.

His ability to command his area is dreadful and is in my opinion the biggest (but not only) factor in our painful susceptibility to losing goals from pretty much any high ball played into our box.

In all honesty our fans have been pretty patient with him.  One or two people have already commented that they've had a go recently when it`s something that they don`t normally do. It`s a build up of frustration driven by the chronicity of poor performance.  Even in his better games he gives me the fear.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

One thing that should be clear to everyone now is that Alan Martin is a complete dick of a guy.  11 clubs for a 30 year old with Crewe being the only place he's managed to stay longer than 1 year. He caused a bit of backlash against Stevie Aitken when he left us by saying that he didn't offer him a two year deal which was all he wanted to sign on, it became apparent that this was complete bullshit though as Martin's agent had been touting him for a move to full time clubs 2 months previous to this. The guy's a snake and it wouldn't surprise me if this was him working his ticket out of Dumfries.

Sadly he`s managed more than a year with us.

In all honesty he shouldn`t have to work his ticket out. Even prior to Saturday`s events surely nobody was considering the guy would be with us next season.

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He ain't working his ticket his 2 year contract is up at end of season, wouldn't think any chance it'll be extended.

41 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Sadly he`s managed more than a year with us.

In all honesty he shouldn`t have to work his ticket out. Even prior to Saturday`s events surely nobody was considering the guy would be with us next season.

30 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He ain't working his ticket his 2 year contract is up at end of season, wouldn't think any chance it'll be extended.

Fair enough. He'll land on his feet somehow, I'm sure of that.

Verbal abuse is unfortunately part of the game but Martin gets some uncalled for verbals at times. His reaction is nothing compared to Barry John Corrs years again. Anyone remember that [emoji4]
BJC had a far worse time of it than Martin. I've grumbled when certain players have started for us but I've never booed any of our players after their name was read off the team sheet.

BJC just wasn't very good but he seemed to get a hard time almost immediately. Martin came with a big pedigree and we all expected more of him. He looks overweight, unfit and barring a few great saves he's not been very good. Given he'll likely be one of our highest earners, he's easily one of our worst performers. For the fans to have got this far without making any comment about his performances (at the game) is pretty incredible. He's had it nowhere near as bad as he would at other clubs. If he takes the pet then I really don't care, if it means we won't see him again.

17 hours ago, Flash said:

I thought it was going to announce Naysmith being sacked. :(

Looks like we’ll have him until the end of the season. My guess is that Naysmith and Anderson were told a few weeks ago (before the run of defeats started) that they weren’t being kept on next season and Anderson decided not to wait that long. Imo, this kind of thing contributes to the team’s performace level dropping (like when we were top of the league and Chisholm wasn’t allowed to speak to Dundee - cue a plummet down the league and when Brannigan also stayed until the end of the season knowing he wasn’t coming back). I think they should either have given Naysmith a new contract, or binned him right away. Having  him operating in a kind of twilight zone is no good to anybody. I may well be wrong and Naysmith will be here next season. But Anderson going, the fact that no replacement has been lined up, a player developing lumbago in the course of half-time and a flat performance on Saturday all suggest otherwise.

Before the run of defeats started we were progressing in the Scottish Cup and eyeing up a shock run in the play-offs. Doubt they would have given him a PFO at that time.

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Going to knock off the hurting shite?

Is it hurting?