The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Just thought I'd pop along and see the meltdown over here,not gloating here as a Stranraer supporter.I think Queens have probably the biggest 6 weeks in their history Watching your lot dismantling us roughly about 7 years ago didn't think we would see yous in 20 years again but things change quickly in fitba.Queens have 2 massive games in that time Falkirk at Palmerston and Alloa at the Idodrill.I think if you lose both,your in the seaside League next season and the ramifications that will bring.I watched Queens in July against us and I know it was nothing more than a glorified friendly,but I said to my mates at the time Queens will struggle this season and so it's proved.As a Stranraer supporter our crowds are pathetic,but noticed Queens could only muster just over a 1,000 on Saturday,didn't think I would ever see that day,that must be a big worry.Although my own team aren't safe yet,we are least picking up points here and there,Queens are in horrible run of form and I really fear for you boys it's not nice.One final thing didn't I read somewhere supporters wanted Naysmith on a long term deal,pretty unreal that.

Yep our defensive frailties were all too apparent that day. We started really poorly to be 2 down in 10 minutes and yet bizarrely went in 3-2 up after scoring 3 times between 41-44 minutes. 

As you suggest we have some massive games from now and play all 3 of our relegation rivals between now and season end.

Gary Harkins scored our first competitive goal of the season in the game you refer to. He could yet score the last competitive goal of our season to relegate us when Thistle come calling on the final day :o:shutup

Anyway always nice to see one of our Stranraer friends showing concern about our plight.

38 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

I take it most folk have voted for the yellow away top? (voting closes at 5pm today) 

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4424

Red and grey one for me 

Statement from the club regarding the Martin carry on. 

http://qosfc.com/news-4425

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Bit harsh on Stevie Bell.
Jamie Adams is the player they need and deserve. 

Jamie Adams deserves to be living the rest of his life peacefully on his farm with a cigar in hand. Not slumming it with Stranraer.

Neither Bell nor Adams will be at Ayr next season anyway.

40 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

A well worded and fully justified statement from the club. 

I hope those ICT ‘fans’ from Stoke never show face at Palmerston again also. Absolute morons. 

I'll go with that. Good statement. 

These ICT 'fans' were from Stoke? Is that a dig at moronic xenophobic stereotypes from Stoke? 

Or am I just missing an 'in' joke?

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jamie Adams deserves to be living the rest of his life peacefully on his farm with a cigar in hand. Not slumming it with Stranraer.

Neither Bell nor Adams will be at Ayr next season anyway.

We’ll take Adams, he’ll be a good player for us in League 1 next season 

7 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

I think Queens have probably the biggest 6 weeks in their history 

Ok, steady on.

We've been relegated several times in our history.  I hope we stay up this time, but if we don't, it'll hardly be an event without precedent.