The Queen of the South thread

Have just heard the Naysmith interview Queens not at it in the 1st half but better in the 2nd .Has the support of the board I have  no idea why . 

Martin   is injured hurt his back  maybe that is why he was so poor today .

Marshall  out with injury along with Todd and Low all missing next week 

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Have just heard the Naysmith interview Queens not at it in the 1st half but better in the 2nd .Has the support of the board I have  no idea why . 

Martin   is injured hurt his back  maybe that is why he was so poor today .

Marshall  out with injury along with Todd and Low all missing next week 

or maybe it`s that he`s a really poor goalkeeper.

4 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Whatever we do will no doubt be the wrong decision. Cant understand how AJ will turn the team around when he doesn’t know the players and to be honest a lot of the reason we’re in this predicatment is due to them. Changing the manager  aint going to start making them defend set pieces better. I would let things run the course and regroup at the end of the season. If we’re in dividion 1 so be it, if we're still  in  the championship great but I'm pretty certain we will have  a new manager and certainly a new keeper what ever happens for next season.

A new manager will have new ideas bring a freshness to the team get them better organised at the back kick a few players up the arse and can tell players they have to do well for him or they will be released at the end of the season..

The board don't have the balls to sack Naysmith so our only other hope is that Naysmith can bring in a new assistant to lift the team maybe that change will work 

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Interesting that Naysmith is praising the fans and states the players got off lightly. Maybe he sees it the same way as us with regards to Martin ;)

Reckon the back injury is a copout though.

Yes, I thought that was interesting.

I remember him moaning before about the crowd when I had literally no idea what he was referring to.   Today, the criticism was very audible, and sometimes personal, yet he's praising the fans.

I suppose it reflects the weakness of his current position.  

I'm sure the back injury thing is a cop out, but I think that's ok.

Absolutely torn here. Sacking a manager with 8 games left, and then finding a manager who wants to take over at a club that is 1. Skint, 2. In a serious relegation battle and 3. Lost 7 in a row will be extremely hard.

We’d have to likely find someone out of work (AJ) and someone who can come to the club and instantly stamp their authority on the team. AJ’s style is/was vastly different to GN’s, there’s no way he could turn it round.

IF GN goes, the most Queens thing to do would be giving it to Eddie Warwick till the end of the season, which I fully think they would do, and it wouldn’t be the worst solution. Been at the club for years and years, knows the players and what they’re about. But would I rather have him than GN? Probably not.

Whether we stay up or go down I think Naysmith has to go in summer, purely because he can’t take the club any further than what he already has.

I thunk sacking him with 8 games left would be a desperate move, and one that I couldn’t see working out for us.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

or maybe it`s that he`s a really poor goalkeeper.

The thing about Martin is he just can't or won't come off his line for a cross ball in saying that is Leighfield much better maybe a good keeper one day but is that right now 

1 minute ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Absolutely torn here. Sacking a manager with 8 games left, and then finding a manager who wants to take over at a club that is 1. Skint, 2. In a serious relegation battle and 3. Lost 7 in a row will be extremely hard.

We’d have to likely find someone out of work (AJ) and someone who can come to the club and instantly stamp their authority on the team. AJ’s style is/was vastly different to GN’s, there’s no way he could turn it round.

IF GN goes, the most Queens thing to do would be giving it to Eddie Warwick till the end of the season, which I fully think they would do, and it wouldn’t be the worst solution. Been at the club for years and years, knows the players and what they’re about. But would I rather have him than GN? Probably not.

Whether we stay up or go down I think Naysmith has to go in summer, purely because he can’t take the club any further than what he already has.

I thunk sacking him with 8 games left would be a desperate move, and one that I couldn’t see working out for us.

It would be a desperate move but surely we are at the desperate stage now .

Alan Johnston will no all about Queens and the Championship one thing for sure at least Queens would have a go with A J. not just go down easily with G.N.

It would be a desperate move but surely we are at the desperate stage now .
Alan Johnston will no all about Queens and the Championship one thing for sure at least Queens would have a go with A J. not just go down easily with G.N.

But would Johnson want another season in League One after proving himself twice in that division?

Not saying he’ll take you down but he’d have to think it’s a real possibility if he was offered the job and there’s no point sacking Naysmith to get Johnson in only for him to bugger off in 2 months if you go down. Alternatively he might keep you up but he’s not a great manager for this division even if he does “have a go”.

I actually think we need to get rid of Naysmith.

I think he's a decent bloke who gives his football a lot of thought.  I also think he'd make a pretty good pundit.

The fact is though, that he's been allowed to manage this club while fielding the greatest Queens player any of us have ever seen, who's been at the top of his game for most of the season.  Yet, we're heading down, unless this run can be not just arrested, but reversed.

Twisting might not work, but we've got to try.  Sticking feels doomed.

25 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Are you being serious  ? . I honestly hope you are drunk .

We can give him a call if we are looking for a line dancer.

What do we want / need

Passion pride commitment 

Attacking football 

Someone who remembers walking thru the seaside league cup FINALS

dobbie no managerial experience

available now probably not for long BOWSER bring back the young geordies the merricks and macalpine 

Turn back the clock to aj.  Turn it back to connely and blount days we have stagnated since then and flirt with going backwards

BOWSER ONLY BOWSER 

BOWSER NOW

2 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

What do we want / need

Passion pride commitment 

Attacking football 

Someone who remembers walking thru the seaside league cup FINALS

dobbie no managerial experience

available now probably not for long BOWSER bring back the young geordies the merricks and macalpine 

Turn back the clock to aj.  Turn it back to connely and blount days we have stagnated since then and flirt with going backwards

BOWSER ONLY BOWSER 

BOWSER NOW

Image result for what the fuck

Very distant doohamer what happened last time we looked east instead of the same old central belt roundabout. . A man that remembers the big crowds and can attract young semi pros desperate for a chance at a higher level . A manager highly respected and thought of . No lets stay on the central belt roundabout and know our place. BECAUSE BRINGING IN THE GEORDIES GOT US NOWHERE BEFORE  

or perhaps you dont know anything about life before 

Sounds like there's 'A Great Feeling at Palmerston' that merits a standalone thread IMO. 

Just checking in to see if that curse is still working against you this season.

Oh it is; what a terrible, wee shame.

1ae67cca-ca80-46be-b127-ec8538f97254.jpg