The Queen of the South thread

To be fair such a response from Naysmith wouldn't be unreasonable given this run.. That said we do need some wins though.
I think my point is that I get the feeling that's what he is hoping for. If he is focussed on not getting beat it makes me think winning is a bonus. If we plan to shitfest a draw we'll get beat.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
To be fair such a response from Naysmith wouldn't be unreasonable given this run.. That said we do need some wins though.

I think my point is that I get the feeling that's what he is hoping for. If he is focussed on not getting beat it makes me think winning is a bonus. If we plan to shitfest a draw we'll get beat.

Yep hard to disagree with that.  He`ll want a win but would take a draw right now.  Depending on other results it might not be the worst result of course.

The problem we have just now is that Naysmith is coming across in his interviews that not getting beat is the most important thing. Draws at this stage aren't good enough. If we get a draw tomorrow the only way I'll be happy with it is if we get hammered all game and score a late equaliser. I feel Naysmith will be happy just not losing. I don't buy this nonsense though. We should be looking to win every home game now.

If it's a draw tomorrow, I'd put my house on Naysmith coming out with something along the lines of "well I'm happy that it's put an end to the losing run".

I am sorry to say that this has been a huge problem under GN’s tenure.This is nothing new.

He has never quite grasped the significance of 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

When games are tight and let’s be honest, most are in this league, surely better to try and get the winner than hold out for a solitary point. This has been the long term mentality and
Is playing a huge part in the predicament that we now find ourselves in.

Wins are required starting today.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am sorry to say that this has been a huge problem under GN’s tenure.This is nothing new.

He has never quite grasped the significance of 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

When games are tight and let’s be honest, most are in this league, surely better to try and get the winner than hold out for a solitary point. This has been the long term mentality and
Is playing a huge part in the predicament that we now find ourselves in.

Wins are required starting today.

Our only hope is that Naysmith is actually attack minded and Anderson was a bad influence on him.:unsure:

Got to laugh going to Palmerston. all the 22 stone fat baldy gets who would have a heart attack walking more than 2 steps slagging the team off. No matter how bad your playing you don’t deserve the abuse some of the players get.  No other occupation I know where you can walk in and call someone whatever you want. Might try it in the local shops see if the service improves. 

Got to laugh going to Palmerston. all the 22 stone fat baldy gets who would have a heart attack walking more than 2 steps slagging the team off. No matter how bad your playing you don’t deserve the abuse some of the players get.  No other occupation I know where you can walk in and call someone whatever you want. Might try it in the local shops see if the service improves. 
Whatever you say Alan. But after seeing the same shite every week from you which includes absolutely basic goalkeeping, you can appreciate the fans getting frustrated. Given he's likely one of the highest paid players at the club then you expect him to be able to come off his line.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We're coming for you

We're coming for you

You farmer b*****ds

We're coming for you

I fully expect you to be above us by the time we meet.

The big crunch games are looking less meaningful by the time they arrive.  Partick Thistle on the last day probably won't matter at all, come the day itself.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

We're coming for you

We're coming for youYou farmer b*****ds

We're coming for you

Marshy it`s surely an absolute given that you will finish above us. I`m not even contemplating that we might end up above you.

In all honesty i`m so pissed off tonight that I`d take 9th now if offered it and even then I have absolutely zero confidence that we could safely negotiate the play-offs.

As our manager would and no doubt will say I`m hurtin, we`re all hurtin :(

Guest Flash

We’re going straight down unless we get shot of Naysmith. That might not save us, but keeping him means relegation is certain. Vital game today and the first half was like a pre-season training exercise. And bringing Brownlie in instead of Maguire should be a sackable offence on its own. Same old shite. Get him out. Now.

Couldn't go today. What happened with Martin? 
He cost us yet another goal, possibly the second but from my angle I couldn't really tell if the ball was near the 6 yard box, though it looked close. The fans got on his back after having to suffer the same pish from him once again, he took the huff, flipped off the supporters and never returned for the second half. Hopefully that's the last we see of him tbh.

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

We’re going straight down unless we get shot of Naysmith. That might not save us, but keeping him means relegation is certain. Vital game today and the first half was like a pre-season training exercise. And bringing Brownlie in instead of Maguire should be a sackable offence on its own. Same old shite. Get him out. Now.

Sadly GN did exactly the same with dropping Semple to wedge Fordyce back in earlier in the season. 

Maguire gets a first Scotland U21s call up and then finds himself dropped for Brownlie !!!

great style of management to keep the young lads confidence overflowing..... 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
19 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:
Couldn't go today. What happened with Martin? 

He cost us yet another goal, possibly the second but from my angle I couldn't really tell if the ball was near the 6 yard box, though it looked close. The fans got on his back after having to suffer the same pish from him once again, he took the huff, flipped off the supporters and never returned for the second half. Hopefully that's the last we see of him tbh.

I've moaned like Hell about Martin.   

On a personal level though, I feel quite bad for him. 

He's not been good enough, but it must feel incredibly stressful out there when it's going wrong and everyone's having a go.