The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Barry Mcguire and Ian Wilson called up for Scotland under 21 squad so will miss Falkirk game! Squad is so short as it is!! 

Jesus! Does Gemmill actually watch the players in action? The state of that Under 21 squad :lol:.

Edited by Frankie S

23 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Noticed the Football Weekends magazine has a feature on Dumfries this month. It's from the 1-1 game against us. Looks a decent feature with some good pics. 

Will try and grab a copy of that 

On 04/03/2019 at 14:55, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. I suppose that may depend on whether Falkirk think their three players are more important to them than ours are to us. Which is possible I guess given that Maguire didn't even start on Saturday and Aird has been largely peripheral since arriving.

Games been postponed as 3 of our guys are away.

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Gary Naysmith will be on Radio Scotland Sportsound tonight along with John Robertson of ICT.
GN on Sportsound

Thought GN was on tonight

I just posted what the official QOS site has posted. According to them yes he is on tonight. 810MW from 18.30

11 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Well that's crap. 

Well in fact it`s the rules and Falkirk have not unreasonably sought a postponement with a view to giving them the best chance once the game is played. I`d expect us to do exactly the same if positions were reversed.

It`s a real shame it interferes with our centenary plans but we just have to suck it up. You never know it might work to our advantage if the likes of Low and Todd are fit by the time the match is played. Time will tell.

15 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

I'd made a lot of special arrangements for this game. Hotel, dinner appointments, friends get-together and even an ex primary school walk around to name just a few of my plans. I'm damn annoyed :(

Yep it's incredibly annoying.

Can't blame Falkirk for that though. (I`m not suggesting you are blaming them)

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Pish.

Potentially a really big game.  Much better if it's on a Saturday.

I’m guessing Queens will take another financial hit when this game is played on a Tuesday night. They’ll lose a fortune from cancelled hospitality and a smaller crowd. 

21 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

I'd made a lot of special arrangements for this game. Hotel, dinner appointments, friends get-together and even an ex primary school walk around to name just a few of my plans. I'm damn annoyed :(

I don’t believe you for one second.