The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Cue five straight defeats, Good to see that this simple phrase on P and B still holds the same kiss of death power as before.

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.4f073c59657fbe67ae7383d30e8aa7db.jpg

Can only agree with the sentiment here.

Even at the time there was something cringe inducing about such posts.  The pick of them has to be the one begging the board to do everything to hang onto Naysmith.

There's something pretty comical about them now.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Can only agree with the sentiment here.

Even at the time there was something cringe inducing about such posts.  The pick of them has to be the one begging the board to do everything to hang onto Naysmith.

There's something pretty comical about them now.

I Still believe Naysmith is the best option. 

46 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I Still believe Naysmith is the best option. 

We have certainly missed Todd in recent games, need him back asap as well as the Nicky Low we seen play in his first 2 games for the club. Very surprised Aird is not getting more game time, The manager was so happy to get him signed in Jan having been after him a while. 

31 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

We have certainly missed Todd in recent games, need him back asap as well as the Nicky Low we seen play in his first 2 games for the club. Very surprised Aird is not getting more game time, The manager was so happy to get him signed in Jan having been after him a while. 

He’s not tall enough.

The biggest worry about our dramatic drop off in form is that there is no obvious cause, and therefore no obvious fix.  It is the sort of form you would expect to coincide with Dobbie being injured.  I know Todd is an important player, but are we really so fragile that one player missing is enough to send us into freefall?  I hope and suspect not.

Of the recent rancid run I missed the defeats in Falkirk and Partick, but whilst the results were poor, the performances against Aberdeen, Dundee United and Alloa were in the main decent enough.  The league games in particular we shot ourselves in the foot with poor defending and poor finishing but we didn't look like a team in disarray (well no more than usual!).  There was certainly a sense that if we kept at it we would turn the corner.

That leads us onto last night's farcical lineup.  Not one of us would have expected to win the game with that system and personnel.  Sticking square pegs in round holes has never worked no matter how many managers have tried it.  Playing Doyle and Wilson as wide men whilst Stirling and Aird get blisters on their arses is truly pathetic.  I've defended Naysmith plenty in the past against those that call him negative, but there really is no defending that decision.

Let's just hope that brainfart was a one off and now that it is out of his system we can go back to doing what we were doing well previously.  Pick a central defensive partnership and stick with it (Doyle and Maguire would be my preference) and play actual wingers on the wings.  We don't need a massive overhaul to get back on track, but we better do it pretty bloody quickly or we are in trouble.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The manager confirmed a number of things in his post match interview last night.

Todd won`t make Saturday.

Low won`t make Saturday.

He`s happy with the team he picked last night.

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The manager confirmed a number of things in his post match interview last night.

Low won`t make Saturday.

He said in the pre-match interview that Todd and Low “will still be out for another few weeks yet.”

9th paragraph.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4393

32 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

firstly an acknowledgement that this is taken from our official site but the goal last night somehow sums us up.

260219%2035%20Morton%20fans%20and%20players%20celebrate%20whilst%20Queens%20players%20look%20stunned.jpg

We should commission a statue of Martin in that position. Except nobody could tell the difference between the statue and the real thing.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

The biggest worry about our dramatic drop off in form is that there is no obvious cause, and therefore no obvious fix.  It is the sort of form you would expect to coincide with Dobbie being injured.  I know Todd is an important player, but are we really so fragile that one player missing is enough to send us into freefall?  I hope and suspect not.

Of the recent rancid run I missed the defeats in Falkirk and Partick, but whilst the results were poor, the performances against Aberdeen, Dundee United and Alloa were in the main decent enough.  The league games in particular we shot ourselves in the foot with poor defending and poor finishing but we didn't look like a team in disarray (well no more than usual!).  There was certainly a sense that if we kept at it we would turn the corner.

That leads us onto last night's farcical lineup.  Not one of us would have expected to win the game with that system and personnel.  Sticking square pegs in round holes has never worked no matter how many managers have tried it.  Playing Doyle and Wilson as wide men whilst Stirling and Aird get blisters on their arses is truly pathetic.  I've defended Naysmith plenty in the past against those that call him negative, but there really is no defending that decision.

Let's just hope that brainfart was a one off and now that it is out of his system we can go back to doing what we were doing well previously.  Pick a central defensive partnership and stick with it (Doyle and Maguire would be my preference) and play actual wingers on the wings.  We don't need a massive overhaul to get back on track, but we better do it pretty bloody quickly or we are in trouble.

Well said that man.  It's basic team selection that is wrong.  Yes we're short in numbers with injuries but still have suitable players available to play in their best positions.  If we didn't have Dobbie available I wouldn't have been surprised if Naysmith had adopted the Craig Levein "no strikers" formation. We're just being edged out by the odd goal in most of our recent games (Aberdeen and Falkirk aside) so you'd think it wouldn't take too much to sort it out. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

I'm worried, confused and absolutely fizzing he's said he was happy with his selection last night. I expect that means we'll see something similar again in which case we should be getting the buckets and spades dug out. Stirling must be counting down the days until his contract is up and Aird must be sitting regretting choosing to come to us.

I've complimented GN a lot recently but does he truly believe "a result is coming" with the nonsense he's fielding?

You've got the league's highest assister in your squad for the left side of the pitch and your club's second highest for the right side. What a great position to be in. You'll be starting them every week then Gary, aye?

Naw naw, I have a cunning plan. We don't need players in our side who can create chances, let alone a couple of players who are in the top 10 with assists in the whole division. I'll bench them and have them in reserve until we go behind with minutes left. Instead of playing natural wide men out wide I'll slap a centre back and a defensive midfielder out there. Genius lads. Genius!

f**k off.

The fans calling for GN’s head are the same fans that were calling for a new contract for him 4 weeks ago.

EVERY team in this league has had bad runs of form and good runs of form, our bad run seems to coming at the wrong time. It’s about how and when we bounce back. If we string 2 wins together vs Pars and ICT (bearing in mind neither team has beaten us this season) we’re back in a promotion play-off hunt.

If anyone genuinely believes that sacking GN and bringing AJ in would resolve it they’re wrong. Johnston’s philosophy is “total football” if you like, passing football. The CM’s are vital to that, and with Low out injured more often than not at the minute, I don’t think KJ and Wilson are up to the task of “total football”.

We’re not even in the relegation places yet, but you’d think we’ve already been relegated by the reaction on this.

Stay positive and keep the faith; we’ll be back.

The fans calling for GN’s head are the same fans that were calling for a new contract for him 4 weeks ago.

EVERY team in this league has had bad runs of form and good runs of form, our bad run seems to coming at the wrong time. It’s about how and when we bounce back. If we string 2 wins together vs Pars and ICT (bearing in mind neither team has beaten us this season) we’re back in a promotion play-off hunt.

If anyone genuinely believes that sacking GN and bringing AJ in would resolve it they’re wrong. Johnston’s philosophy is “total football” if you like, passing football. The CM’s are vital to that, and with Low out injured more often than not at the minute, I don’t think KJ and Wilson are up to the task of “total football”.

We’re not even in the relegation places yet, but you’d think we’ve already been relegated by the reaction on this.

I don't care if it's "total football" or 'boot it up to Dykes, football' if it works. What I can't stomach is 'shitebag it against a side level on points with you by filling the side with defenders and praying for a draw rather than actually fielding a balanced 11 and attempting to win, football' and still getting beat.

20 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Your first sentence is nonsense if you mean posters on here.

"" 

33 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Your first sentance in totally wrong if you are meaning people that post on here! I still believe Naysmith is the best option we have. Unfortunately due to injuries recently the team have struggled even 2 of our subs were not fully fit last night so couldn't start, Squad is down to bare bones at the moment lots of walking wounded but having to be in the team/squad.. Hopefully by last quarter we can have everyone fit for Final 9 games. 

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Low won`t make Saturday.

I sincerely hope hes bluffing

27 minutes ago, the tactician said:

Andy Stirling and Fraser Aird werent fit enough to start both carrying knocks 

Very surprised GN didn`t mention that in post-match interview if that was the case. He very much put it forward that going for strength and power over flair was a conscious decision on his part.