The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

If you were at the game at Dens Park vs us in January, you’ll have seen that he tore Cammy Kerr and new one, and then some.

That's not all that difficult to achieve, tbh. Do you reckon he can make the step up (hopefully) to Premiership?

Sorry to see Todd on his way.

He'd really come onto a game for us before getting injured, and we've missed him since.  

To be honest, I don't see a mass exodus along these lines though.  We don't have many players who are likely to be attracting that sort of attention in truth.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sorry to see Todd on his way.

He'd really come onto a game for us before getting injured, and we've missed him since.  

To be honest, I don't see a mass exodus along these lines though.  We don't have many players who are likely to be attracting that sort of attention in truth.

Would expect Marshall, Stirling and Low to be away for sure. Plus the loan players Maguire, Aird and Wilson, of course.

So Dykes, Todd, Marshall, Stirling, Low, Maguire, Aird and Wilson. Apart from Dobbie, it doesn’t leave us with many players we’d be sorry to lose - Doyle and possibly Jacobs.

18 minutes ago, Flash said:

Would expect Marshall, Stirling and Low to be away for sure. Plus the loan players Maguire, Aird and Wilson, of course.

So Dykes, Todd, Marshall, Stirling, Low, Maguire, Aird and Wilson. Apart from Dobbie, it doesn’t leave us with many players we’d be sorry to lose - Doyle and possibly Jacobs.

Yes there'll no doubt be a big turnover of players, but there always is.

Our loanees are unlikely to remain obviously enough, but what I meant was that I can't see many more of our players signing PCAs with top flight clubs.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes there'll no doubt be a big turnover of players, but there always is.

Our loanees are unlikely to remain obviously enough, but what I meant was that I can't see many more of our players signing PCAs with top flight clubs.

Yeah, agree that there aren’t really any others who would be targets for Premiership clubs, although Marshall was rumoured to be going to County and they could go up. And there can’t really be a mass exodus when you don’t have a mass in the first place. Just think the turnover this season will be higher than last when we kept 9 players that could be considered senior and likely to be first choice. I think we won’t keep that many of those this time. I reckon we will keep 7 at the most, maybe even only 5.

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep difficult to argue with that. It`s now at a stage when it`s difficult to see where the next point is coming from.  

Yes, we're just finishing our run of easier fixtures.  I'm not kidding either.

It's only four weeks since we hammered Dundee.  The best thing about tonight was the Dunfermline win.

I promised myself I wasn't going to do it this season but tonight has tipped me over the edge.

League Goals Conceded: 32

Via Cross/Corner: 21

Points lost as a result: 28

And FWIW 2 goals were direct FKs and 1 a penalty.

So 65% of our goals conceded have been down to our appalling attempts at defending crosses. Seriously, spend the entire week practicing set-pieces!! It's quite clearly the area we're worst in yet have improved the least in. Shockingly bad stats.

On 1/31/2019 at 19:53, SueSue said:

Nice to see the club back the manager after a little too much penny pinching in the first half of the season.

A top 4 finish really is achievable......

On 1/31/2019 at 23:07, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Hard to see how ICT, Morton and Pars have improved this window. If we can consistently only lose say 1 in 5 games till the end of the season we’ll get the play-offs easily. 

It’ll feel amazing to have a decent sub bench.

On 2/1/2019 at 17:05, SUPERSOUTH said:

Our priority signing has to be Gary Naysmith he has done a great job and assembled a very good team with very limited resources.. Time for the board to act Now... 

On 2/1/2019 at 17:07, die hard doonhamer said:

Totally agree with this. The last 6 months I've gone from not really being bothered of he was to leave in the summer, to thinking that we should be making sure we keep the current management in place.

On 2/1/2019 at 17:21, Sankasouthy said:

Couldn’t agree anymore with Supersouth and Die hard! What is also quite worrying is that Sir Stephen is the only player contracted longer than May/June this year.
Gary Naysmith has built up a very good squad going into the latter stages of the Championship. I do believe The Queens have a good chance of making the top 4. With our current good record against teams above us, who knows what could happen?

Let’s start by putting in a performance against Falkirk tomorrow and coming away with 3 points! emoji106.png

On 2/1/2019 at 19:34, oldhat said:

Totally agree.  Since he arrived, to a general reaction of negativity, he has set Queens on a steady long-term trend of improvement in the face of dwindling crowds and even more dwindlinger budgets.  His transfer moves have been astute and positive, his tactics have gradually become more positiver and his interviews have shown an impressive level of openness and honesty which ought to be a model for a good number of other managers throughout football.  The fans and the Board now seem to be behind him.  His strong and steady leadership ;-) is what this club has needed for a long time.

On 2/1/2019 at 19:36, virginton said:

Sounds like there's 'A Great Feeling at Palmerston' that merits a standalone thread IMO. 

Cue five straight defeats, Good to see that this simple phrase on P and B still holds the same kiss of death power as before.

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.4f073c59657fbe67ae7383d30e8aa7db.jpg