The Queen of the South thread

23 hours ago, TeeMan said:

What is the money like at that level in comparison to Scotland KFTS?

Not really sure, mate. FCUM are part-time, have had some problems and I believe their budget is much reduced.  

I’d be suprised if he’s on much more than say £500 per week. 

Thought Martin had a decent game all in against Aberdeen. We’re not great at defending crosses for sure but for me a lot of that is down to our lack of a leader at centre back. Marshall v Cosgrove is a matchup that simply shouldn’t have been allowed to happen.

Thank you also to everyone that is supporting the Queens Trust bookshelf at the Queens Arena. £68.49 raised so far. New books just added. All items just 50p. All donations welcome. Please check it out whilst at the @OfficialQosFC game this weekend.

390C522F-FE71-48B8-B45A-F6822205711E.jpeg

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Has the club started extending players contracts for next season yet? If not why? Also same applies with the management team, get them signed!! 

Maybe because we don’t know what division we will be playing in. Ideally, we will be in the Premiership with a better budget. Worst case, we will be in League 1, in which case players would have to be released and Naysmith’s contract would be unlikely to be renewed.

I appreciate that the most likely outcome is that we will finish mid-table, but why not wait until everything is certain before signing people up?  Or are you so certain that the remainder of this season will be a non-event that you are happy to re-sign everybody who made it so?

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Maybe because we don’t know what division we will be playing in. Ideally, we will be in the Premiership with a better budget. Worst case, we will be in League 1, in which case players would have to be released and Naysmith’s contract would be unlikely to be renewed.

I appreciate that the most likely outcome is that we will finish mid-table, but why not wait until everything is certain before signing people up?  Or are you so certain that the remainder of this season will be a non-event that you are happy to re-sign everybody who made it so?

It's a fair point, but there are certain people I would be looking to sign up irrespective of division.  Josh Todd, Nicky Low and the management team for starters.

I'm sure discussions are ongoing behind the scenes anyway.  No point getting stressed about it as we have zero control over it.

28 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's a fair point, but there are certain people I would be looking to sign up irrespective of division.  Josh Todd, Nicky Low and the management team for starters.

I'm sure discussions are ongoing behind the scenes anyway.  No point getting stressed about it as we have zero control over it.

Canny see the 2 players mentioned signing Low has already stated he has signed to more or less get in shop window for Premier league team next season & Todd has impressed bigger clubs already. The Management is the most important at the moment then you might get players signing because of that. 

38 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

But the club won’t know yet how much they will be able to afford. If they make the offer now, it might be lower than it would be if they waited until the end of the season. Todd, for example, has likely been made an offer from Dundee already, so if we offer an amount now based on the current budget, he will know he can get more elsewhere, so I can’t see him signing for us before the season finishes anyway. 

Getting relegated is possibly unlikely, but I wouldn’t want to keep Naysmith if we went down. Finishing 9th and winning the play-off would be a borderline decision imo. Hopefully neither will be an issue, but I’d wait and see just the same.  I suppose the risk is we finish the season well and a bigger club comes in for him. In that case, he will be away anyway, so we’re just looking at whatever the compo would be.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-market-value-of-the-22-teams-in-scotland-s-premiership-and-championship-ranked-in-order-1-4871761?page=1

No surprise that we’re ranked 20th in the market value stakes at £2.97M........wonder how much of that figure is made up by God?! [emoji848][emoji170]

27 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-market-value-of-the-22-teams-in-scotland-s-premiership-and-championship-ranked-in-order-1-4871761?page=1

No surprise that we’re ranked 20th in the market value stakes at £2.97M........wonder how much of that figure is made up by God?! emoji848.pngemoji170.png

Tempted to say £2.97m but here is link to how they are “made up”.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queen-of-the-south-fc/kader/verein/3001/saison_id/2018/plus/1

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hi lads, I'm on a weekend away in Dumfries. How would I go about getting in the home end today? Is there a patg option and what stand would be best for atmosphere/view if I did head along?

Buy your ticket at the arena. For atmosphere, you're best in the terrace behind the goal.