The Queen of the South thread

Who were the Falkirk supporters behind the goal to our left? Someone said free tickets had been issued to local schools. Did the adult have to pay? I would have thought there was about 4-500 of them - extra supporters or supporters of the future. How is this successful at Falkirk but not so much at Palmerston?

8 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Who were the Falkirk supporters behind the goal to our left? Someone said free tickets had been issued to local schools. Did the adult have to pay? I would have thought there was about 4-500 of them - extra supporters or supporters of the future. How is this successful at Falkirk but not so much at Palmerston?

These were falkirk fans all with free tickets they were given out to clubs and schools 1000 tickets for last 2 home games free for Adult and child. 

The Queens Trust are planning a small auction of old Queens tops later this month.
If anyone has any old Queens tops that no longer fit or that they no longer wear please donate them for our auction to help us raise a few pounds. Thank you.
1532F151-0524-46FD-ABB9-3B74FD084280.thumb.jpeg.c11dfa5dd89fb31ef035ba35ad7a11c9.jpeg

Few beauties in that selection alone. I’d imagine there will be a bidding war for that Elopak shirt as it’s a cracker [emoji7]

One of my biggest regrets is (my mum) throwing out all the shirts I had as a boy.

20 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Few beauties in that selection alone. I’d imagine there will be a bidding war for that Elopak shirt as it’s a cracker emoji7.png

One of my biggest regrets is (my mum) throwing out all the shirts I had as a boy.

I've never got into the habit of buying replica strips each year,  I have got a Topps 50's retro strip that I've worn twice,  but I think my favourite strip from those on show is the Fiat sponsored yellow and blue stripes. 

Edit to add:It's my  favourite change strip anyway. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Local player Owen Bell defensive midfielder has signed for East Kilbride in the lowland league on Ioan for the rest of the season. With the recent signings and players coming back from injury his game time was obviously going to be even more limited. Good luck to Owen.

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Local player Owen Bell defensive midfielder has signed for East Kilbride in the lowland league on Ioan for the rest of the season. With the recent signings and players coming back from injury his game time was obviously going to be even more limited. Good luck to Owen.

Game time was always going to be limited .

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good luck to him aye. Wish he'd gone to a higher level than Lowland League though, he's more capable than needing to drop 3 leagues below. Having said that, hopefully it means plenty of games and being involved in a title and promotion challenge. Plus, it'll surely be a development loan which means he'll still train with Queens and be available play with the reserves.

19 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Good luck to him aye. Wish he'd gone to a higher level than Lowland League though, he's more capable than needing to drop 3 leagues below. Having said that, hopefully it means plenty of games and being involved in a title and promotion challenge. Plus, it'll surely be a development loan which means he'll still train with Queens and be available play with the reserves.

Its not so much the level more about getting games in mens football.  This will toughen him up

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, baw heid said:
Its not so much the level more about getting games in mens football.  This will toughen him up

Well yeah, I doubt he was ever going to be loaned to a women's league tbf.

You werent being deliberately obtuse there by any chance were you?  

Will struggle to get a game at EK as well you would think.

Personally would like to see us go in for Kyle Turner from Stranraer for next season.
Think that's harsh on the boy.* He's never looked considerably out of his depth when I've seen him. The trouble is he looks a similar player to Jacobs and two DM really doesn't work for us. If Low was alongside him I don't think he'd do too badly. I think it makes sense to loan him out with the number of CM's we have just now but I hope GN has him in his long term plan.

*Unless you're suggesting that, due to how well EK are doing.

5 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Personally would like to see us go in for Kyle Turner from Stranraer for next season.

Whenever I've seen Stranraer over the last 2 seasons Turner has looked a class above everyone around him. I'm amazed he's still at Stranraer and agree Queens should grab him before someone else does. 

He's quick, tenacious, has great vision, is not afraid of taking a shot and for a skinny wee guy he's not at all shy in a challenge.