The Queen of the South thread

Jacobs wants to stay behind after training and work on his shooting. At least get one on target!!
Another frustration. His ability to get into good positions is excellent. His shooting is absolutely dreadful though.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That’s exactly it, and has been the case for the bulk of Naysmith’s reign.

I think we’ve improved against the stuffier sides this season, but it was a big ask today without Low and Todd.

Probably is it this season, but don’t think it has been the case throughout Naysmith’s reign. Before this season, we took far more points from the teams below us than the ones above. In particular, it was the ability to drop very few points against the teams that ended up being relegated that kept us out of trouble. This is what you would expect of a mid-table team. It is only very recently that we have started taking more points from the top 4 than the others.

Probably is it this season, but don’t think it has been the case throughout Naysmith’s reign. Before this season, we took far more points from the teams below us than the ones above. In particular, it was the ability to drop very few points against the teams that ended up being relegated that kept us out of trouble. This is what you would expect of a mid-table team. It is only very recently that we have started taking more points from the top 4 than the others.

Yes the makeup of where our points come from has certainly changed this season but I don’t think our style or tactics have changed drastically. We were a counter-attacking team who struggled against teams that sat in last season as well. This was why our away form was better than our home form.

54 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We seem to have recruited reasonably well in the window but it remains a problem that we have no striker on the bench. 

This is my worry I can see  Aird getting some great crosses into the box with no striker on the end of them  Dykes should be the main target but he is just not a penalty box striker that is why he does not score any goals take someone like Derek Lyle for example he would always be in the box that is why he scored so many goals Dykes just has no goal threat .

The Iain Wilson interview was hard work surprised Sandra Brown did not give up half way through .

Naysmith saying we could have lost 5 players in the window but the board turned down the money on offer 

44 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is my worry I can see  Aird getting some great crosses into the box with no striker on the end of them  Dykes should be the main target but he is just not a penalty box striker that is why he does not score any goals take someone like Derek Lyle for example he would always be in the box that is why he scored so many goals Dykes just has no goal threat .

The Iain Wilson interview was hard work surprised Sandra Brown did not give up half way through .

Naysmith saying we could have lost 5 players in the window but the board turned down the money on offer 

I couldn't care less how the players interview.

Players who there would have been interest in:-

Dykes, Dobbie, Todd, Marshall and who else ?

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

A thought was hard work too boy came cross bit a arse tbh also she wants get the info correct saying Inverness won and we 9 behind them now

9 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

A thought was hard work too boy came cross bit a arse tbh also she wants get the info correct saying Inverness won and we 9 behind them now

He comes across as being incredibly shy. It`s really harsh to say he comes across as being an arse.  Some people are really intimidated by interviews Cut the boy some slack. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He comes across as being incredibly shy. It`s really harsh to say he comes across as being an arse.  Some people are really intimidated by interviews Cut the boy some slack. 

This. He's a young lad, and having a camera stuck in your face and being asked questions isn't easy for most people. 

Add in the fact that we'd just been pumped as well, it'll have made him want to be there even less.

Given some of the idiotic questions asked I thought he was fine. He obviously hasn't had many interviews as it probably takes time to answer them the way they are expected to. Almost every one of her questions could have been answered with the boy just standing looking like that

NICKCAGE.jpg

12 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I couldn't care less how the players interview.

Players who there would have been interest in:-

Dykes, Dobbie, Todd, Marshall and who else ?

Maybe a line dancing troupe wanted to sign Martin.

This. We have 3 or 4 players who simply refuse to doing the camera interviews because they’re too shy. Don’t think 1 interview should be defining what people think of him. Let his work on the pitch do the talking.

The Queens Trust are planning a small auction of old Queens tops later this month.

If anyone has any old Queens tops that no longer fit or that they no longer wear please donate them for our auction to help us raise a few pounds. Thank you.

1532F151-0524-46FD-ABB9-3B74FD084280.jpeg

Edited by JTulip