The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

There's talk about Josh Todd from QotS - Evening Tele journalist who supports QotS saying it. He's not sure about if it'll be done today though, they have just signed Aird though.

I'd be fairly happy with him. Deacon for me is a bit of a write off - I just don't see him being fit for long enough to actually play a big part and hit any sort of form, he pulled up on Tuesday again. I think having Todd, Dales and Jesse give a lot of pace and high pressing options down the wing. They aren't perfect but they do keep working and give teams difficulty with their persistence.

At the very least, we've got 4 players heading into the squad who weren't signed or elgibile midweek and then Woods likely fit + a fresh Nelson to use. I think (and hope), it'll be a very different prospect this weekend so hopefully we can get a result to put it out of our minds. Arriving at a game and learning we have Darren O'Dea in midfield who isn't mobile at the best of times and is also lacking match sharpness was a hint about how the evening would go I think!

Todd rumour came from this on Dndee thread. Dundee have apparently signed Scott Wright on loan from Aberdeen so, hopefully, if that’s true Todd is staying.

Todd rumour came from this on Dndee thread. Dundee have apparently signed Scott Wright on loan from Aberdeen so, hopefully, if that’s true Todd is staying.
Evening Tele journalist and Queens fan said it here - no more since.

I'd imagine we're sorted with Wright now unless there's some bizarre late switcheroo planned with Deacon or that. I don't imagine we'll be in a great position for a PCA with the unknowns about our division.

So, to sum up the window

Out

Norman

Harkins

Semple

Frizzell

ln

Low (Upgrade on Harkins)

Maguire (similar standard to Semple)

Wilson (by Killie opinion, at least as good as Norman)

McGrath (replaces Frizzell, who was hardly used)

Aird (proven at this level, adds competition to wide areas)

To me, that's a fantastic window. Well done Naysmith, and also to the board. Hopefully we can kick on to a playoff spot from here.

Hopefully Josh will realise that he'd be best served by staying at QOS for now. He was with St Mirren last season and did not feature much. Here he's getting a chance to play and it is paying off for him and the club. I hope, like many others, that he will stay, sign a new contract and develop further.

Rumours on Ross county thread of them signing Marshall today. Was in the daily record, hopefully get to midnight with no departures. 
PCA maybe but given we've obviously not given Dykes away with it benefitting us, I trust we'll do the same with Marshall and he'll be with us tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Broony88 said:
Rumours on Ross county thread of them signing Marshall today. Was in the daily record, hopefully get to midnight with no departures. 

PCA maybe but given we've obviously not given Dykes away with it benefitting us, I trust we'll do the same with Marshall and he'll be with us tomorrow.

Think only allowed 4 on loan so McGuire, Aird, Wilson & Dykes will be our lot so canny get any other players loaned back. 

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

Not at this stage of the game, no chance.  They signed that donkey Van Der Weg (left back).

Hard to see how ICT, Morton and Pars have improved this window. If we can consistently only lose say 1 in 5 games till the end of the season we’ll get the play-offs easily. I reckon the top 3 have done well enough this month to cement their status as top 3. Hopefully United go up automatically, our record against Ayr and County speaks for itself, I’d really fancy us in a play-off vs either of them, IF we can get there.

Interesting to see what people’s best XI for us would be, having versatile players is an absolutely brilliant move my GN, almost everyone, bar probably Marshall and Mercer can play in numerous positions. My best XI would be

Martin

Doyle
Fordyce
Maguire
Marshall

Todd
Jacobs
Low
Aird

Dykes
Dobbie

Harsh on Mercer and Stirling, but Stirling off the bench is class. Doyle is just a better player than Mercer, but he’s done nothing wrong to merit a drop. The thought of him up against GMS does scare me though. I’ve seen Wilson play once in person, and he scored an absolute screamer. Don’t know much about McGrath but being able to play countless positions helps.

It’ll feel amazing to have a decent sub bench.

I think of Wilson is what the Killie fans have said to expect, he'll displace Jacobs pretty quickly. Jacobs has been brilliant for us for a few years now, but if Wilson has his industry, but can actually play a pass, then alongside Low we'll have a very strong midfield.

Hard to see how ICT, Morton and Pars have improved this window. If we can consistently only lose say 1 in 5 games till the end of the season we’ll get the play-offs easily. I reckon the top 3 have done well enough this month to cement their status as top 3. Hopefully United go up automatically, our record against Ayr and County speaks for itself, I’d really fancy us in a play-off vs either of them, IF we can get there.

Interesting to see what people’s best XI for us would be, having versatile players is an absolutely brilliant move my GN, almost everyone, bar probably Marshall and Mercer can play in numerous positions. My best XI would be

Martin

Doyle
Fordyce
Maguire
Marshall

Todd
Jacobs
Low
Aird

Dykes
Dobbie

Harsh on Mercer and Stirling, but Stirling off the bench is class. Doyle is just a better player than Mercer, but he’s done nothing wrong to merit a drop. The thought of him up against GMS does scare me though. I’ve seen Wilson play once in person, and he scored an absolute screamer. Don’t know much about McGrath but being able to play countless positions helps.

It’ll feel amazing to have a decent sub bench.

I think Wilson will be here to play, him in middle with low rest your probably not far. As you say harsh on Mercer,Stirling and Jacobs if it was the case, but we need to keep improving and moving forward if we’re going to get play offs. Bench will look a hell of a lot strong with possibly them 3, McGrath, Brownlie and Murray/Bell on it.

Buzzing for Saturday

27 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Are we honestly saying that Andy Stirling is going to be benched after the way he has been playing of late?

Suspect with Todd out for a few weeks Stirling and Aird will occupy the wide positions. Either way as you suggest Stirling`s recent form is that he fully deserves to start in any case.  Good to have the options though and of course  Todd is adaptable enough to play more centrally too if required.

15 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Are we honestly saying that Andy Stirling is going to be benched after the way he has been playing of late?

Maybe just me but I've felt since last season that there is a problem between Naysmith and Stirling.  The player didn't get a decent run of games to prove himself before being sent on loan to Dumbarton. I think he would have been away before the start of this season  if he didn't have another year on his contract.  Because of  our small squad this season he's had plenty of game time and on many occasions has been exceptional.  Naysmith brought in Frizzell on loan and  more often than not it was Stirling who was substituted/dropped to play Frizzell. The argument was that Frizzell helped out better defensively than Stirling but,   to me,  Frizzell didn't do that task much better than Stirling. I'm not necessarily blaming Naysmith or Stirling,  indeed all may be hunky-dory with them,  it's just an impression I've got that something isn't quite rightbetween them.