The Queen of the South thread

Quite agree palmy, anyone who doesn't think Livingston are a bigger Club than Queens, (at the moment) or a move there is not a step-up are obviously looking through very blue tinted specs.

It's a move up as Livi will be in the top flight next season but I don't see Livi as a bigger club than ourselves. We're on a par I'd say both financially* and fanbase. They are doing far better than us just now though unfortunately.

* I expect they will probably have edged in front after going up but before they went up they were running on a shoestring budget. It was an incredible achievement for them to go up.

Not too fussed about this news to be honest.

As others have said, it's a good move for him.  A step up, but not a massive one.

I'm glad he's still with us for the remainder of this season, given that we're so short of bodies.  I'll not be too bothered when he leaves though.  I don't see him as irreplaceable.

It’s going to dawn on a lot of people just how important a player Dykes is for us when he is no longer here.

All that said we’ve lost better players than Dykes and survived. Losing players is part and parcel of football. At least we have plenty of time to line up a replacement.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think he was always away next season so it's no surprise really. I'm surprised with the destination though. I know Livi are having a great season but I don't think it's wrong to say they are a similar sized club to ourselves. They will be in the top flight next season though so it's obviously a step up for Dykes and good luck to him.

With respect to Livi, I was expecting a bigger club to come in though. If he finds his shooting boots it may well be the next step though.

Good luck to Dykes he has improved this season but for me he just does not score enough goals.

This week will make or break our season going to be very difficult against Dundee to get a team on the park never mind winning the game. 

Our small squad is now getting found out you just can't expect to win when you have nothing to come on  from the bench to change a game  like at Thistle ..

Now that it looks like Todd will be out for a while we have to try and find money to get at least 3 players in the 2 on  trial just now plus a loan forward . Thought we had a good relationship with St Johnstone when not try for Kane again or McMillian 

5 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Noticed that Jason Kerr has reportedly had a £200’000 bid rejected by Saints from English League 1 side Barnsley.

His contract runs out in 2020, I reckon he’ll see it out and off to the English championship.

Suspect if the bid goes up by 50K he`ll be away this week. StJ would be wise to get a sell on clause in any deal

Suspect if the bid goes up by 50K he`ll be away this week. StJ would be wise to get a sell on clause in any deal

You think we’ll sell him for 250k? We’re looking for 4 times that amount plus a sell on clause and we’ll get it. Since he’s in talks to extend his deal further. We devalue our game enough without taking the peanuts English teams in League 1 offer.

11 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Noticed that Jason Kerr has reportedly had a £200’000 bid rejected by Saints from English League 1 side Barnsley.

His contract runs out in 2020, I reckon he’ll see it out and off to the English championship.

It was 100 000. An absolute piss take of an offer. 

Quarter of a million for one the league’s most consistent centre-halves? Not a chance in hell

If Scott McKenna is worth 10 mill, Kerr is worth a hell of a lot more than 250k

On 27/01/2019 at 10:15, SUPERSOUTH said:

_20190127_101349.JPG

_20190127_101318.JPG

Serious question, what is the point of a pre-contract rather than just wait till the end of the season. Does the player get anything extra in the meantime. Also a damming indictment in that he obviously doesnt think we’ll be going up !