The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really really hoping for us and Stenny to go through now. The BBC will be fizzing if that's the outcome emoji38.png

I'd be hoping for that anyway, but it'd be tremendous.  I'd more likely watch QOS vs Stenhousemuir than Abderdeen vs Dundee anyway.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really really hoping for us and Stenny to go through now. The BBC will be fizzing if that's the outcome emoji38.png

That would be funny.  

It's a bit of a risk for them.  They're obviously banking on Aberdeen v Dundee, but they can probably just about spin it as intriguing, a rerun of the epic semi final etc if we get through to a trip to Pittodrie.   If Stenhousemuir are the hosts though, either for us or Dundee, it'll look like a strange choice.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, trotsky27 said:

McGrath scores in the bounce game against Annan also playing was Aaron splaine ex queens youth killie and Dunfermline midfielder last with Derry city and will train with the squad again next week good pedigree but hampered by injuries

Splaine is an interesting one. Suffered a bad injury but as you said made his comeback for Derry. He’ll know the area having been at us as a youngster and I believe he’s from Newton Stewart. I watched videos on YouTube of McGrath when he was in America, looked good but the standard was pretty amateur. 6ft 4 box to box midfielder who can also play at the back. 

Think he was always away next season so it's no surprise really. I'm surprised with the destination though. I know Livi are having a great season but I don't think it's wrong to say they are a similar sized club to ourselves. They will be in the top flight next season though so it's obviously a step up for Dykes and good luck to him.

With respect to Livi, I was expecting a bigger club to come in though. If he finds his shooting boots it may well be the next step though.

Unless he's being offered a shed load of money then Livingstone is not really a great move for him. But at least, if the report is accurate, we get him back until the end of the season. Do we get anything from Livingstone due to his age etc?

4 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Unless he's being offered a shed load of money then Livingstone is not really a great move for him. But at least, if the report is accurate, we get him back until the end of the season. Do we get anything from Livingstone due to his age etc?

£4 .

I think its a great move for him. He will suit Livi’s style and he deserves a crack at a higher level.

Calling it a sideways move is complete nonsense, but it won’t be so big a jump that he’ll be out of his depth. He should at the very least get a chance to establish himself at Livi, and if he continues progressing as he has with us maybe go higher.

He’s clearly benefitted from playing alongside Dobbie. I’m not sure Lee Millar’s plans for next season if he’s staying on as a coach or not but he would be an ideal player for Dykes to learn from.

I’ll be following with interest, and wish him well. He has a good chance but there are still question marks over him for sure. We’ll miss him, of that there is no doubt.

8 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I think its a great move for him. He will suit Livi’s style and he deserves a crack at a higher level.

Calling it a sideways move is complete nonsense, but it won’t be so big a jump that he’ll be out of his depth. He should at the very least get a chance to establish himself at Livi, and if he continues progressing as he has with us maybe go higher.

He’s clearly benefitted from playing alongside Dobbie. I’m not sure Lee Millar’s plans for next season if he’s staying on as a coach or not but he would be an ideal player for Dykes to learn from.

I’ll be following with interest, and wish him well. He has a good chance but there are still question marks over him for sure. We’ll miss him, of that there is no doubt.

Quite agree palmy, anyone who doesn't think Livingston are a bigger Club than Queens, (at the moment) or a move there is not a step-up are obviously looking through very blue tinted specs.

As you say its not a massive step up but a step up none the less. He's still a young player with a lot to learn and if he proves to be successful with Livingston it could be a stepping stone to something even better. He's still a Queens player until the end of the season, hopefully he steers clear of injury and suspension and continues his good form to help us finish as high up the division as possible.

I think it’s a good move for him,  firstly it’s in the league above so obviously it’s an upgrade, plus I don’t think it will be a huge change style wise from what he’s doing for us. If he went to a club like Hearts because he doesn’t score regularly and the fact he stands out more than others could get a lot of fans on his back like he did/does for us. Plus Livi most likely won’t have a load of options to choose from so he should get a solid run to prove himself.

I guess it could be interesting to see how he translate at a higher level in terms of his pace and strength. To be fair if you are training against Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow then you should make you prepared  for most forms of combat sport let alone football.

Hopefully the ancient Indian burial ground that curses any player that comes through at Queens recently  from pushing on at a higher level isn’t still alive.

Edited by Sloop John B