The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Why does "blame"  come into it.  The player,  his agent and Sheffield Utd would each  want the best deal they could get,  Ross County must have fitted the bill as far as they were concerned.  Money wise Queens,  or most Championship clubs,  couldn't expect to compete.  Sometimes things happen that you can't help or don't have a say in,  Semple did well for us but that is past now,  I don't think Queens could have done anything to realistically get him back to Palmerston. 

I totally agree Fae.

My reply was to the chap who would be Irked that Semple would be lining up against us as.

no problem on my side at all pal

Semple was always only here until January anyway as it was a short loan. In knowing this we brought in Maguire who I may add has looked every bit as capable as Semple from what I’ve seen so far. Ross County have seen an opportunity arise with Semple going back down south and they have enquired about him. We all know the County owner isn’t short of a bob or two and they are getting a player they know can perform well at this level so it’s a no brainer really. As for the folk wondering why we never got him back, we don’t need him. I will miss him but as I said we got somebody else in. Brownlie is back also and there are other positions in the team that need strengthened first and foremost. 

Aaron Muirhead contract terminated at Falkirk by mutual consent.  A.  Should we be looking to try and sign him or should we avoid.  B.  Do we need players in the position(s)  he plays right now.  My answer to these questions is :

A.  Avoid at all costs

B. No. 

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aaron Muirhead contract terminated at Falkirk by mutual consent.  A.  Should we be looking to try and sign him or should we avoid.  B.  Do we need players in the position(s)  he plays right now.  My answer to these questions is :

A.  Avoid at all costs

B. No. 

He's actually a decent player and has alot of experience. Most of our fans don't like him because of that headbutt on Higgins and his further reactions when playing against us but playing wise he's pretty decent. 

16 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

He's actually a decent player and has alot of experience. Most of our fans don't like him because of that headbutt on Higgins and his further reactions when playing against us but playing wise he's pretty decent. 

Do we need players for his position(s)  though,  whatever his best position is.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Pretty sure Naysmith said in one of his recent interviews that he was happy with the cover we have in defence, and any further signings will be in forward areas.

I know we are still looking at the American boy. He’s a central midfielder and featured against Annan last night. 

7 hours ago, SueSue said:

If the lad was the finished article he wouldn’t have been a Queens. 

Pick all you want, we would have crawled over broken glass to have kept him until the end of the season.

County have got a very good young player 

No desire to pick at the lad. He was a great addition while we had him. Just responding to a previous post. 

7 hours ago, SueSue said:

I totally agree Fae.

My reply was to the chap who would be Irked that Semple would be lining up against us as.

no problem on my side at all pal

But you appear to want a fight with everyone. Just like with the other guy who you thought said something that they never. Take a chill pill!

You're aloud to be irked by something and no blame is needed. I myself am irked at the cold weather.... I can't blame you , the queens board or the cheery weather man who said it would be nice and sunny all day. 

18 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

But you appear to want a fight with everyone. Just like with the other guy who you thought said something that they never. Take a chill pill!

You're aloud to be irked by something and no blame is needed. I myself am irked at the cold weather.... I can't blame you , the queens board or the cheery weather man who said it would be nice and sunny all day. 

I am very sorry if you feel this way. If I got the wrong end of the stick of a comment or two then I apologise.

I will take my chill pill and accept I have been well and truly put in my place.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The sign on Lochfield Road has been updated to squeeze in the upcoming Cup replay as our next home game.  Apparently we're playing Dundee United.

Just saying. 

......  And the fallen sign has not been repaired/removed yet.  You must be absolutely fizzing with all these sign failures.