The Queen of the South thread

I think Aberdeen host Rangers on the Wednesday before we play them. No doubt a tough game for them, which may result in tiredness and 1 or 2 injuries.

In saying that, they could make a couple changes and still be clear favourites.

In terms of revenue, probably the 3rd/4th best draw we could’ve hoped for, behind the old firm duo and arguably Hearts.

They’re game yesterday vs Stenny had 50/50 possession according to BBC. If we can get that much possession you’d fancy our chances at getting a draw.

All of this could be utterly useless if Dundee shag us a week on Tuesday mind you.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:40, Steeplechat said:

The dressing room is a far better place without his influence I believe.

Now move on and stop blaming everything on the manger. Get that chip off your shoulder.

Don't believe that.

I have never heard Lyle be anything other than positive about the Club and his many team-mates over the years,

Of course he wouldn't be the first 'senior' player to be frustrated and dumped by the current Manager.

At least Dobbie recognises  Lyle's  talent and contribution to the Club.

By the way, you've done it again - what on earth do you mean by " get that chip off your shoulder" ?

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Callum Semple.   Discuss please, gang.

Signed for County with no mention of a loan, so presumably on a permanent deal.

got the potential to be a cracking centre half. 

strong and wins a lot of headers think he is a good signing for you lot gutted he isnt still at palmerston 

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Very good signing surprised Sheff Utd let him go, Great prospect very strong no messing left footed central defender. 

1 minute ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

IMG_4515.jpg

A sore one to take

Signed Full Time deal at Ross County leaving Sheff Utd for a fee plus a sell on clause. That's the difference between us and them Mcgregor is bank rolling them. We don't have that. Good luck to Callum. 

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Excellent player, along with Jason Kerr he was one of the most solid centre halves I’ve seen at the club for a long time. Pity they were both on loan deals. Clearly has the potential to go on to greater things. Surprised Sheffield United let him go. Very good signing for Ross County.

Just now, Frankie S said:

Excellent player, along with Jason Kerr he was one of the most solid centre halves I’ve seen at the club for a long time. Pity they were both on loan deals. Clearly has the potential to go on to greater things. Surprised Sheffield United let him go. Very good signing for Ross County.

This mostly. I think Kerr is better but Semple has a chance and this is a good move for him if there was no imminent likelihood of getting near the Sheffield United first team. County will likely be a Premier League side next season and his international prospects will improve.  Good luck to him.

It's really good to hear fans saying something other than, "I'd have kept him, but I'm surprised he found a club at this level."  Thanks all.
I'm surprised he found a club at this level, because I thought he could play at a higher level!

Still rough around the edges but I'm really shocked United never loaned him to League 1 or 2 as he's still developing. Great piece of business for County. I'll be surprised if he isn't playing regularly in England in a couple of years time though. Had every intention of following his career. Gutted that will include games against us :(

Can only really echo the above comments and to agree that I am surprised he is back at this level and not moving to a higher one.  Presumably he assumes (with some substance) that he has joined a Premiership team in waiting.

It's disappointing, but par for the course with loan deals which are short term by their nature.  A player getting a move off the back of a loan with us at least shows they did well for us, which is preferable to the numerous duds we've had over the years.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This mostly. I think Kerr is better but Semple has a chance and this is a good move for him if there was no imminent likelihood of getting near the Sheffield United first team. County will likely be a Premier League side next season and his international prospects will improve.  Good luck to him.

Interesting to hear your view on Jason Kerr..His loan spell (like Zander) at Queens was definitely a great success for both clubs.Jason has progressed again this season and is starting to look like one of the best central defenders in the premiership..

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

6 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Interesting to hear your view on Jason Kerr..His loan spell (like Zander) at Queens was definitely a great success for both clubs.Jason has progressed again this season and is starting to look like one of the best central defenders in the premiership..

What are you talking about.

Skyline clearly states Kerr was excellent and the loan was good

not once saying anything to suggest Kerr was poor