The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, JTulip said:

A very small selection of the amazing donations of old @OfficialQosFC programmes we have received. Lots of home and aways from mid 80’s to present. If anyone is looking to fill gaps in their collection or to start collecting please contact us.

7FB0FBD2-6FDB-46E3-AED3-33282D027490.jpeg

I recently sorted through my collection of old programmes keeping pivotal ones such as my first game, cup finals etc. But I have a whole load (127 in total) that I don't really want and I've been meaning to put it on here/Facebook etc. to see if anyone wanted them.  If we have any programme collectors on here, or if they would be of use to the Trust I'd be more than happy to give them to a better home.

Programmes.xlsx

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It feels a bit like when he does poorly he gets over the top criticism because he should be doing better because we have Dobbie.  But when we do well he doesn't get the praise he should because we are only doing so well because of Dobbie!

Entirely consistent positions.

1 hour ago, mackthefinger said:

Who is the offer for do you think? Dykes?

Probably Dykes but Todd has been playing well all season .

Dykes has it all but for me he just does not score enough goals fine saying he sets up Dobbie a lot but surely he should have at least 10 goals not just the  1 goal .

Todd has a goal threat really good on the left side would not surprise me if someone made a offer for him  .

Both players we would lose for nothing in the summer a decent offer now and we would have to sell.

Not good that Fordyce is out for 3 or 4 weeks have to hope that Brownlie can at least make the bench for the next few games. 

Naysmith says the right thing that he wants to wait for the players he wants but we really need players now 

On the video. I hope it was Dykes that the enquiry is about rather than Todd. I fully expect Dykes to go next season but I'm hopeful Todd will stay. I know GN shut down Sandra quickly but I think she could have enquired whether permission was given and if he may go in January.

On the player we lost out on, my guess is Erskine?

It depends what version of Lyle you are talking about. The current Derek Lyle wouldn’t have the legs to make any kind of impact in this current team so making comparisons is pointless. You’d be as well criticising Dobbie’s goal return for being poor in comparison to Jim Patterson.

On the video. I hope it was Dykes that the enquiry is about rather than Todd. I fully expect Dykes to go next season but I'm hopeful Todd will stay. I know GN shut down Sandra quickly but I think she could have enquired whether permission was given and if he may go in January.

On the player we lost out on, my guess is Erskine?

I think we tried to renew Semple’s deal but my understanding is that has gone to Ross County on very decent money indeed.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

It depends what version of Lyle you are talking about. The current Derek Lyle wouldn’t have the legs to make any kind of impact in this current team so making comparisons is pointless. You’d be as well criticising Dobbie’s goal return for being poor in comparison to Jim Patterson.

I just don't get this attitude that Lyle has reached a certain stage and is now completely useless and ineffectual.

Of course, nature dictates that anyone will slow down with age  but that is not the only factor to be considered.

Dobbie is now fitter than he ever was with us first time around but he does not - and never has had - great pace.

He and Lyle compensate for that with their experience  and  natural instinct to get themselves into scoring positions.

They are sharp mentally and don.t rely purely on the physical.

Lyle is a far superior player than Dykes because of that and I would argue that Del wins more headers, holds the ball up far better , would provide more assists for Dobbie - they are on the same wavelength -  and score far more goals.

He would therefore be an asset  to this and any other team,

To not offer him a contract for one more season and leave ourselves glaringly short of  striking options  - which most seem to agree on -  is very poor Management.

Lyle is one of my favourite players of the last decade. I've never been a superfan of Dykes*. I wouldn't swap Dykes for Lyle if the opportunity presented itself though. Dykes has been excellent this season and will likely get his move next season. His technical ability has improved ten-fold this season (learning from Dobbie?) and I'm sure Dobbie is grateful he's there.

Lyle and Dobbie never worked for me. Our system needs a runner up front and neither Dobbie or Lyle do that.

Dykes isn't great in front of goal but I find it astounding that folk can't see what he brings to our side.

*But I certainly don't dislike him either.

I just don't get this attitude that Lyle has reached a certain stage and is now completely useless and ineffectual.
Of course, nature dictates that anyone will slow down with age  but that is not the only factor to be considered.
Dobbie is now fitter than he ever was with us first time around but he does not - and never has had - great pace.
He and Lyle compensate for that with their experience  and  natural instinct to get themselves into scoring positions.
They are sharp mentally and don.t rely purely on the physical.
Lyle is a far superior player than Dykes because of that and I would argue that Del wins more headers, holds the ball up far better , would provide more assists for Dobbie - they are on the same wavelength -  and score far more goals.
He would therefore be an asset  to this and any other team,
To not offer him a contract for one more season and leave ourselves glaringly short of  striking options  - which most seem to agree on -  is very poor Management.

Incorrect again. Mr Lyle had no future at Queens and quite simply had to go in the end. Correct decision by the club & management team.