The Queen of the South thread

Hi lads, I recorded a podcast with former Doonhamer Davie Weatherston that will be of some interest - CLICK
Part three of our interview sees him focusing exclusively on his three years at Palmerston and there's some brilliant insight on the workings of the club at the time, from the Scottish Cup final team to Gordon Chisholm leaving, to Kenny Brannigan's management to Gus MacPherson coming in, and everything in between.
Enjoy!
Always interesting to hear what goes on at the club from the people involved.

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Absolutely meaningless but nonetheless interesting stat, out of the 21 league games we’ve played this season, we’ve only been winning at HT in 4 of them. Falkirk (away), ICT (home), County (home) ,Ayr (home)

That is actually interesting  for punters that place Half Time/Full Time "Double Result" bets,such as myself. Worth noting.... Thanks for the info. 

30 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

Good hear the gaffer in sportsound tonight talking uo the club and Lyndon he’s still keen add 1-2 players from down south or up in Scotland but says could be last 3-4 days of the window

https://t.co/LWFw5qzzrv

Also Michael Doyle was on rock sport radio tonight link above and talked about Queens, Dobbie & Naysmith along with Gerry Mcabe. 

Good hear the gaffer in sportsound tonight talking uo the club and Lyndon he’s still keen add 1-2 players from down south or up in Scotland but says could be last 3-4 days of the window
Another good listen. He's a very good speaker GN. And I don't mean he says what the fans want to hear. He's always very honest but he spoke about his constraints at the club without complaining about them. Compare that to Gus who seemed to blame his failings almost entirely on our budget. Even Archibald sounds miserable. If I was a player and was sat down with these two I know which gaffer I'd be going with. You can tell he has a love for the game and his current job.

If Archibald's chip gets any bigger he'll be walking around with one arm.

I never heard anything about Dykes, was it right at the very beginning?

Another good listen. He's a very good speaker GN. And I don't mean he says what the fans want to hear. He's always very honest but he spoke about his constraints at the club without complaining about them. Compare that to Gus who seemed to blame his failings almost entirely on our budget. Even Archibald sounds miserable. If I was a player and was sat down with these two I know which gaffer I'd be going with. You can tell he has a love for the game and his current job.

If Archibald's chip gets any bigger he'll be walking around with one arm.

I never heard anything about Dykes, was it right at the very beginning?

Quite early on MacDonald and Archibald pass comment, so does Naysmith. Then one of the other two claim we’ll struggle to keep him past January

It was Scott MacDonald bigging up his fellow Aussie. GN praised him for the number of assists, his hold up play and energy. GN also said he wouldn’t swap the Dykes/Dobbmeister partnership for any other pairing in the league.

Two good interviews. I would happily listen to a podcast of each of the players stories etc,all seem to be enjoying it right now.

Interesting to hear Gary doesn’t coach them on attacking and will never criticise what they do in final third, that explains why there is so much interchange.

6 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Quite early on MacDonald and Archibald pass comment, so does Naysmith. Then one of the other two claim we’ll struggle to keep him past January

Can see a bigger club coming in for him as he links up play between midfield and the forward line.     Him and Dobbie have got a great understanding at the moment.   

As said in the Podcast, other managers rate Dykes  as he bullies opposition players.   

What do you do as a club, sell him to get money or keep him and then loose him when contract runs out at end of season as he will walk.

14 hours ago, loopyloo said:

Can see a bigger club coming in for him as he links up play between midfield and the forward line.     Him and Dobbie have got a great understanding at the moment.   

As said in the Podcast, other managers rate Dykes  as he bullies opposition players.   

What do you do as a club, sell him to get money or keep him and then loose him when contract runs out at end of season as he will walk.

Get some money and get him loaned back until end of season would be fine albeit I think that option is unlikely.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer