The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

What’s his contract situation? I’m pretty resigned to him leaving in the summer but to lose him now would be a bit of a disaster.

Hopefully he either signs a pre-contract, or goes but gets loaned back.

Signed until May, per OS. As you say, hopefully a pre-contract, or loan back. And not a pre-contract combined with falling out with the manager.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
51 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:
Rumours of a couple of English League 1 sides intrested in Lyndon. Already been a team in contact with us about him and apparently GN had a meeting with Lyndon and his agent about it. 
Not saying this is 100% accurate but it was the talk at work today. 

Can I come work with you? My bit is full of The Rangers fans and the only 2 people who claim to support Queens never bother going to games. But you can bet your life if we ever made it to a cup final again they'd be the biggest fans going!

The good thing about my work is we get supporters from alot of teams coming in but mostly Queens fans and get a good chat with them. 

Ha! Totally agree with you. You'd hear the "I've always supported Queens." and then they'd disappear again. 

What’s his contract situation? I’m pretty resigned to him leaving in the summer but to lose him now would be a bit of a disaster.

Hopefully he either signs a pre-contract, or goes but gets loaned back.
I'd be genuinely amazed if someone bought him in January. More by the fact we rarely sell players/receive offers. I expect he'll be away at the end of the season as well and it'll be interesting to see how he gets on elsewhere. I think he's always going to be a player who divides the fans.
The good thing about my work is we get supporters from alot of teams coming in but mostly Queens fans and get a good chat with them. 
Ha! Totally agree with you. You'd hear the "I've always supported Queens." and then they'd disappear again. 

2008 really annoyed me for it. Never knew so many Queens fans excited. Funny that they never mentioned it any time I did!

If he signs a pre-contract with someone I take it we don't get any compensation as he never came through the youth ranks? 
We'll get some sort of development fee because he's under 24? Or I may have got that completely wrong and they do have to have come through our system. But I thought we received a fee for Durnan when he went.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd be genuinely amazed if someone bought him in January. More by the fact we rarely sell players/receive offers. I expect he'll be away at the end of the season as well and it'll be interesting to see how he gets on elsewhere. I think he's always going to be a player who divides the fans.

2008 really annoyed me for it. Never knew so many Queens fans excited. Funny that they never mentioned it any time I did!

We'll get some sort of development fee because he's under 24? Or I may have got that completely wrong and they do have to have come through our system. But I thought we received a fee for Durnan when he went.

We would get a fee for Dykes as he is under contract with us the age thing only applies when a player is out of contract and is under 23 .

Dykes can't do the most important job for a forward score goals 

21 hours ago, Adamski said:

While we’re doing poetry, I’ll take the liberty of throwing in my favourite Queens-related one, which just happens to be written by my dad (with my uncle (his brother) in mind, who was a dedicated Queens fan and more responsible than anyone for getting me hooked, but passed away about a year before our day in the sun).

Absent Friens
(Fur A’ Queens Fans Depairted)

Nae langer wi’ us
Ye cuidnae see
Whit the team wis daein;
Nae tear wis in yir ee,

Nae smile on yir face
Under the clay,
Ye cuidnae savour
The impossibility

O’ the langest-ever goal,
The defeat o’ the Dons – 
Whae cuid’ve imagined
Gemmes like yon?

Maybe frae a clood
Ye’ve been luikin doon,
Seen the goals gaan in,
Shared the hopes o the toon –

Delirium, delight,
The place in a haze
O’ emotion unkent
In yir livin’ days.

Ah’d like tae believe it;
It disnae seem fair
That the team did well
And ye wernae there.

That's rather beautiful.

Slightly off topic but noticed Gordon Forrest ex Vancouver assistant manager who was really involved with Dougie Anderson in organising the loan deal of David Norman to Queens has joined Dundee united as assistant Head coach. 

Smashing win today. I saw Barry Maguire got a goal, how did he get on other than that?

He grew into the game after a nervy start where he looked every bit a raw, youngster making his first professional start. He definitely came out on top overall in his individual battles and his well taken goal was the cherry on top.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

He grew into the game after a nervy start where he looked every bit a raw, youngster making his first professional start. He definitely came out on top overall in his individual battles and his well taken goal was the cherry on top.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Points well made albeit I think he has played a few first team matches for Motherwell IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Points well made albeit I think he has played a few first team matches for Motherwell IIRC.

Aye, he has. Not many like but he started in our 2-0 loss to Livi this season and 3 games last season (a 0-0 and a 5-1 loss against St Johnstone and the 3-0 win against Accies).

He's got all the attributes and he handled himself really well through the Challenge Cup games but definitely needs the regular first team games though and I'm not sure Robinson feels he's quite "there" yet. He's got the potential to be a smashing player though and (obviously) I hope he does really well for you guys.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

The loan system has served us well of late. The St Johnstone trio of Clark, Kerr and Kane certainly appear to have benefitted from their spells with us.

Yes hopefully we get another couple to boost squad for the rest of the season. 

21 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

I'll never understand how Gary continues to go under the radar whenever managerial vacancies come up. No failures as a manager. You're very lucky QOTS fans.

SSSHHHHHHHHH!  For goodness sake!