The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Sure Doyle started the game centre mid with Jacobs.. Todd and Stirling were right left mid.. 

I know. But Todd was moved to centre mid because Doyle was struggling so badly there. And instead of bringing on Frizzell or Murray he moved Doyle to right mid. 

The starting midfield against Ayr at home last time was Harkins Jacobs Todd Stirling. Yesterday it could have been Murray Jacobs Todd Stirling. But Doyle was preferred in centre mid because Naysmith didn’t want to start Murray or Frizzell wide. And Doyle played right mid for most of the second half, despite the option of playing Murray or Frizzell there. 

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I never really thought Harkins gave 100% looks like Naysmith thought the same .

If you look at the likes of Doyle if only he had the skill of Harkins Doyle is never a midfield player but he gives 100%, think he would run through a brick wall for any team he plays for our problem is we have too many like Doyle we need more energy the team.

We really need new signing just to get going again we lack confidence just now.

Semple and Frizzell to stay add Dow and 2 others both should be forward players

That's 2 threads you've referred to a player called Dow,  do you mean Low?  The next time you type his name,  as a reminder,  just think of the chance you usually give Queens of getting a positive result. 

12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's 2 threads you've referred to a player called Dow,  do you mean Low?  The next time you type his name,  as a reminder,  just think of the chance you usually give Queens of getting a positive result. 

Sorry got it wrong again been a busy time with work and  trying to support Queens .

Is it Nicky Low .

Going to be more positive about Queens in the New Year wonder how long that will last !!!

I never really thought Harkins gave 100% looks like Naysmith thought the same .
If you look at the likes of Doyle if only he had the skill of Harkins Doyle is never a midfield player but he gives 100%, think he would run through a brick wall for any team he plays for our problem is we have too many like Doyle we need more energy the team.
We really need new signing just to get going again we lack confidence just now.
Semple and Frizzell to stay add Dow and 2 others both should be forward players
Re Doyle - total agreement

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Naysmith rightly stressed how important Dobbie is to us.

He followed it up though by saying he'd take industry over flair.

There's a contradiction in there.

9 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

He said he'd take a player like Doyle who gives 100% every game no matter what position he's playing rather than a flair player who doesn't. There's nothing wrong with that. 

I took that as a dig at Harkins

8 hours ago, Flash said:

If Doyle is a better right mid than Murray or Frizzell, they should both retire. 

feel a bit for Doyle. His is a good right side full back or wing back and he did well at centre back playing with semple  He does give his best even when played out of position.

I read something earlier about Lyndon that was quite interesting. 

It said,

He is number 1 in the league for Aerial duels, contesting an average of 17 a game. 

He leads the league in fouls commited and is 3rd in fouls suffered. 

12th in the league in successful 1v1/dribbling with a percentage of 73.1%. 

2nd in the league with assists, 4 of which have been against Ayr. 

He takes on average 2.1 shots per game with an accuracy of 40%. 12 of his 35 shots have been from outside the box. He is 5th on touches inside the box and 5th in deep completions with an accuracy of 95%. 

Not really going anywhere with the post, just read it and thought I'd share. 

2 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I read something earlier about Lyndon that was quite interesting. 

It said,

He is number 1 in the league for Aerial duels, contesting an average of 17 a game. 

He leads the league in fouls commited and is 3rd in fouls suffered. 

12th in the league in successful 1v1/dribbling with a percentage of 73.1%. 

2nd in the league with assists, 4 of which have been against Ayr. 

He takes on average 2.1 shots per game with an accuracy of 40%. 12 of his 35 shots have been from outside the box. He is 5th on touches inside the box and 5th in deep completions with an accuracy of 95%. 

Not really going anywhere with the post, just read it and thought I'd share. 

Interesting stuff, but I don't fully understand it.

I'd have thought no 1 for aerial duels would reflect how many you win, rather than merely contest.   Contesting lots just reflects how much we rely on a long ball game at times.

What does that "deep completions with an accuracy of 95%" mean?

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Interesting stuff, but I don't fully understand it.

I'd have thought no 1 for aerial duels would reflect how many you win, rather than merely contest.   Contesting lots just reflects how much we rely on a long ball game at times.

What does that "deep completions with an accuracy of 95%" mean?

To be honest I didn't fully understand it either. I just copied what I read onto here.

I think it might mean how many times he's tracked back and won the ball back? Or balls won from defending crosses/corners? 

I'll attempt to post the link... 

http://footballcentral.com.au/player-profile-lyndon-dykes/#.XCpZCxunw0O

11 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

An important stat for a striker is goals and I may be wrong but Dykes has 0 league goals? 

ETA:I’ve surely missed a couple that I can’t think of but even so it’s a area that he needs to improve

It says he's scored 1 goal, sounds about right? 

16 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

It says he's scored 1 goal, sounds about right?

Well as the only other striker in our squad that is extremely poor and it’s not that he doesn’t get the chances. Whenever he is one on one with the goalkeeper you just know it’s not going in.

ETA: That goal came against Inverness where it just hut off him and went in

Edited by Dumfries Boy(new acc)

30 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

To be honest I didn't fully understand it either. I just copied what I read onto here.

I think it might mean how many times he's tracked back and won the ball back? Or balls won from defending crosses/corners? 

I'll attempt to post the link... 

http://footballcentral.com.au/player-profile-lyndon-dykes/#.XCpZCxunw0O

I'd bite anyone's arm off who was offering anything remotely approaching that estimated value.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd bite anyone's arm off who was offering anything remotely approaching that estimated value.

That part was a bit far-fetched. The rest of it was an intresting read though, would be good if there was something like that for all the players.