The Queen of the South thread

You are seriously telling me Harkins was on £500 a week?
£26k a year??
Get serious pal. In today’s game £500 is a first year professionals salary.

£500 a week at this level will be close to the average. And there are players in our first team who's basic salary doesn't come close to being as good as £500 a week.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 minutes ago, SueSue said:
You are seriously telling me Harkins was on £500 a week?
£26k a year??
Get serious pal. In today’s game £500 is a first year professionals salary.

£500 a week at this level will be close to the average. And there are players in our first team who's basic salary doesn't come close to being as good as £500 a week.

I understand that but Harkins is and was not classed as a player who would command the average salary.

I understand that but Harkins is and was not classed as a player who would command the average salary.
I wouldn't know what he's on but I know £500 isn't the going rate for a first year professional, at least not at Palmerston.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
19 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I wouldn't know what he's on but I know £500 isn't the going rate for a first year professional, at least not at Palmerston.

May be a bit over the top but purely trying to make my point 

Lots of Rumours about Nicky Low signing, Would he be able to play as a trialist v Ayr then sign on the 1st Jan or can he sign straight away as he is a free agent or do we need to wait until 1st Jan. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Nicky Low will have better offers than Queens.

This is why it is such a difficult job for Naysmith he can identify players make them offers but players will always take the best offer which will never be from Queens .Our best hope is to get a few loan signings in the hope that the parent club will pay most of the players wages like what Celtic did with Joe Thompson .

22 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Lots of Rumours about Nicky Low signing, Would he be able to play as a trialist v Ayr then sign on the 1st Jan or can he sign straight away as he is a free agent or do we need to wait until 1st Jan. 

It seems a lifetime ago but Low was outstanding against us for Aberdeen in a 5-0 humping, not really kicked on and hasnt really played a lot of games since then.

I wouldnt have minded us taking a shot at him tho

5 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is why it is such a difficult job for Naysmith he can identify players make them offers but players will always take the best offer which will never be from Queens .Our best hope is to get a few loan signings in the hope that the parent club will pay most of the players wages like what Celtic did with Joe Thompson .

That may well have been the case Northfield but he’ll be a Queens player from 1st January.
Anything positive to say about that??!!!!

9 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

That may well have been the case Northfield but he’ll be a Queens player from 1st January.
Anything positive to say about that??!!!!

Good news that he has signed no surprise that Harkins  has gone to Partick more money and a 18 month contract hopefully Low is a better player has good reports from his time with Derry City 

New Queen of the South midfielder Nicky Low has joined from League of Ireland side Derry City on loan until the summer.

The 26 year-old played for Aberdeen from 2010 and had loan spells with Forfar Athletic and Alloa Athletic.

Low signed for Dundee in 2015 and had made 24 appearances for the Scottish Premiership club.

Derry, who are managed by former Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels, stated that it is just unfortunate that Nicky could never stay fit enough to become a regular of late.