The Queen of the South thread

Merry Christmas to all Queens fans, and to all fans of other teams, we’re all devoted to our teams and I empathise with other supporters.  We all choose to follow ‘our’ team because of geography/history/whatever, it’s not the easy option but we do it anyways. QOS till I die....,,

From speaking with Callum Semple grandad it is totally up to Sheffield Utd If Semple stays longer. 

L1 and L2 clubs in England seem keen on him now.

SUFC  have a lot of time for Queens with the way Semple has been looked after and with the number of games he had played.

future players to follow I am sure.

Lets see what the January window brings before making ridiculous knee-jerk statements like that.

If we were to see out the season with the squad as it is then tenth place would be a real possibility. But we’re not going to so lets maintain a bit of calm.
This. There's no no point in reacting to Harkins leaving until we see who comes in during January.

When Harkins signed I was thrilled! Thought we had a talisman who would justify the hefty wage, even if it meant we had to sacrifice having other players on a lower wage to bulk up the squad. The reality is though, while he was in the main decent in no way did he deliver the kind of mesmeric performances we came to expect. Theres  plenty of others on a lower wage who could have delivered similar levels of performance on a much lower wage so for that reason Im pleased hes gone. Factor in the fact hes a bit of a twat then its a no brainer to get rid. He only got 1 league goal for us and is hardly someone Id call indispensable. His earlier performances were much more promising, and I feel Naysmith constantly switching him to different positions had an adverse effect on his performances.  I hope he wasnt paid off and we can now use his wage to potentially get 3 loans in to bulk up the squad. A striker is a must as is a centre mid and a winger. Keeping Semple would also be something Id like to happen. Hes been great. Frizzell I feel has something about him but his spell hasnt shown him in his true light. Abit like Kiltie really. Off the bench he has livened us up quite a few times. The question I ask is is Naysmith a good manager or is Dobbie just a phenomenal footballer who bails everyone out? Without him no wins in 3. Could it be argued that anyone in the league managing could look better than they are with such a ridiculously talented player playing at this level.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:12, palmy_cammy said:

Lets see what the January window brings before making ridiculous knee-jerk statements like that.

If we were to see out the season with the squad as it is then tenth place would be a real possibility. But we’re not going to so lets maintain a bit of calm.

This is assuming Falkirk, Partick, Dunfermline and Morton don't try and strengthen their squads at the same time? Not knee jerk, just a feeling we'll be competing (and struggling) to sign anybody good when these other teams will be in the market as well.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some revisionism in evidence re Harkins.

I don't remember any suggestions he'd disappointed, failed to match his billing, or wouldn't be missed until yesterday.  There was fairly universal regret when he was injured.

He was an important player for us.

This. Everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon. 

Harkins has an attitude problem , a chip on his shoulder and can be a disruptive influence on others but it’s all Gary Naysmith’s fault ehhh ?

Get a grip
[emoji38] How on earth have you manged to come to the conclusion I was having a pop at Naysmith?

Considering I mentioned, Kerr, Baird, Thomson and Skelton I thought it was blatantly obvious it was more a query of what is going on behind the scenes. Unless of course Naysmith has been pulling strings long before he was even at the club in which case, yes it's a go at Naysmith I'm having!

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How much is that you lads think Harkins was earning that his departure is going to fund multiple signings of the quality to propel you into the playoffs?

Given that we're only 3 points back from the playoffs (albeit ICT have a game in hand, but it is against Ayr), it's not a huge ask. We need someone who can put their foot on the ball and make something happen in the midfield, and a back up striker. Another option out wide would be decent, but that should come as a replacement for Frizzell.