The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, QosLoyal said:
3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
And we pumped you out the cup in your shit tip of a stadium en route to the final.

Steady. You would have palmy over legoland any day of the week im sure. We are in dire need of midfielders and a striker. Genuinely worried for the second half of the season now.

How long is Dobbie out ?

If long term, I would be worried as he is the one keeping you in this division

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's no more crumbling than Somerset - another fine ground.

It's genuinely not particularly windy at all.   It's not high or especially exposed, or near the sea.

It just so happens to have been windy for a couple of Falkirk visits, not least the one you mentioned, where the conditions acted as a real leveller, allowing the weaker side to progress.  

The only good thing Queens did in the cup tie was cause serious injury to our top goalscorer which made sure your lot finished fourth

6 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I can't say I'm shedding tears over this one, his signing was always a bit of a gamble and if the rumours of a fallout are true then we are well rid.  I think his signing was largely met with "if we get the Ayr version then no thanks, but if we get last season's Morton version he could be a great signing".  I think a fair summary of his time was that he started out like the Morton version but latterly drifted into the disinterested Ayr version.

We certainly need to sign a couple of central midfielders as a priority now, but with Norman and Harkins off the wage bill I'm sure we will be able to.  Getting two of a similar calibre will be difficult however.

The Morton one against us was one amazing performance against us and three abject displays where he was in Sibbalds pocket in two of them and I dont rate Sibbald as highly as many of my fellow Falkirk fans.

I am not going wahey if the rumours of us signing him are true and also not on a downer if we are because we are lacking players who are experienced at this level.

I will guess its the same old same old with pros in the mould of Harkins where the travelling becomes tiresome and more £s on offer, The Dobbie situation is rare in today's world of footballers and no doubt he will come back to haunt us on Feb 2nd

Like Kerr and Baird before him, Harkins has just shown he true meaning of the words loyalty and team spirit. Okay football is their job,  but loyalty goes both ways. Had Harkins been injured (actually he was quite often)  he'd have been quite happy to sit and collect his wages, which of course he's entitled to.  Then we look at Stephen Dobbie. No way would he engineer a move away for more money. The guy has class. So please let us not mention Harkins in the same post as Sir Stephen.
So those 3 are all to blame. Does the same go for (Club Legend who's loyalty and team spirit can't exactly be questioned) Thomson, Fergusson and Skelton? Or is it always the fault of the individuals, not the possibility that there is a deeper underlying issue behind the scenes?

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, BeeJay said:
Like Kerr and Baird before him, Harkins has just shown he true meaning of the words loyalty and team spirit. Okay football is their job,  but loyalty goes both ways. Had Harkins been injured (actually he was quite often)  he'd have been quite happy to sit and collect his wages, which of course he's entitled to.  Then we look at Stephen Dobbie. No way would he engineer a move away for more money. The guy has class. So please let us not mention Harkins in the same post as Sir Stephen.

So those 3 are all to blame. Does the same go for (Club Legend who's loyalty and team spirit can't exactly be questioned) Thomson, Fergusson and Skelton? Or is it always the fault of the individuals, not the possibility that there is a deeper underlying issue behind the scenes?

What you suggesting then?? 

I'd take quality over quantity every day of the week. He wasn't always great but similarly to Dobbie, even when he's quiet he can make something happen out of nothing.

Harkins has undoubted quality, but hasn’t lived up to the hype. Name 1 time he made something out of nothing?

I don't get why Fergusson gets a mention in this conversation. He was just a young lad clearly not good enough for this level. His release was entirely justifiable on a football level.
Fergusson left to play regular football and earn more money did he not?

People reading too much into and connecting unrelated things I think.
Take Fergusson out then. The point/query remains the same.

His goal in the 5-0 win against Ayr United would be a fine example.

Fair enough, to an extent. I would class a player who can ‘make something out of nothing’, someone that can take a shitfest of a 0-0 draw and insert some class (see Dunfermline at home, or Alloa at home when we were 3-0 down). Harkins had the chance to do so vs Dunfermline and was poor (as was the whole team to be fair).

His goal against Ayr came when we were 3-0 up, on the charge and everyone was playing out their skins. It was a fantastic goal nonetheless, but wouldn’t necessarily say it was something out of nothing.

Edit to add: he never turned up when we needed him, but when we were comfortably beating teams, he started playing well

23 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Fair enough, to an extent. I would class a player who can ‘make something out of nothing’, someone that can take a shitfest of a 0-0 draw and insert some class (see Dunfermline at home, or Alloa at home when we were 3-0 down). Harkins had the chance to do so vs Dunfermline and was poor (as was the whole team to be fair).

His goal against Ayr came when we were 3-0 up, on the charge and everyone was playing out their skins. It was a fantastic goal nonetheless, but wouldn’t necessarily say it was something out of nothing.

Edit to add: he never turned up when we needed him, but when we were comfortably beating teams, he started playing well

You make some absolutely valid points there. That said his goal against Ayr really was a great goal when nothing much at all was on.  We`ll survive him leaving I suspect but it`s crucial that we use the money from his wage plus that for Norman, Frizzell and Semple well. I`d keep Semple if the option was there but I`ll be very surprised/disappointed if we try to keep Frizzell,

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

His goal in the 5-0 win against Ayr United would be a fine example.

What else did Harkins do apart from that goal against Ayr and set up our 2nd goal at Partick for Todd  

Was a decent player but no more than that looked to me as if his best years have long gone never looked fit.

Edited by Northfield 53