The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

The £9 offer for a junior blue season ticket is really good. More of us adults need to buy our kids these and encourage them among to Palmerston

That's brilliant! If ever there was an incentive for fans to bring their kids along and boost the attendance then that's it. Great from the club.

Very poor result at Alloa.

We have no goals in the team without Dobbie Dykes just can't score goals yet he thinks he can play at a higher level.!!!  Naysmith had a huge job in Jan trying to get players in going to be difficult with such a small budget. 

We need at least 4 players depending on if we keep Semple and Frizzell . 

Would keep Semple but Frizzell has not done enough to extend his loan .

Look at Alloa they can get good young players on loan why can't we ?.

Edited by Northfield 53

I see former Queens favourite Paul Burns has now moved into Management, his second game as player\manager of Cumnock ended in a narrow defeat to local rivals Talbot yesterday. Auchinleck Talbot are of course managed by another ex-Queens favourite Tucker Sloan.  There may be  a few ex-Queens men in Junior Football hot-seats, Darren Henderson (Hurlford),  is JT still joint manager at Kilsyth Rangers?  Derek Holmes (Larkhall Th.).  Any more?   

1 minute ago, jakeyman said:

According to official website Gary Harkins been released from his contract

Disappointed the way it has turned out, but no point having players around if they don't want to be there.

How had he been playing? Just curious.
Generally really well, particularly earlier in the season. Missed a few games through injury though.

Slightly concerned by the wording on the announcement, hopefully it's personal reasons why he wanted to leave.

Dissapointed as he had creativity we sorely need but hopefully the money can be used to bring in a couple of players to strengthen the squad.

That's pretty disastrous news for us.

It means that our midfield is now devoid of even an ounce of creativity.

The statement certainly invites speculation about the reasons, but regardless of what they are, it's a bleak development for the club.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

How had he been playing? Just curious.

Had a few injury problems.   Sometimes looked a match winner,  sometimes tried to be too fancy and got caught out in possession.  Probably thought we could have got more out of him at set pieces,  etc.  I feel he didn't reach the heights expected of him following the signing hype. Unfortunately we are now another body short with our small squad. 

That makes the midfield from the Alloa game our starting midfield.
Without a quality addition in there, we're in serious trouble.
Well, no. When Dobbie comes back Todd effectively becomes another midfielder either centrally or out of wide. Frizzell and Murray were on the bench too.

Personally, I think Jacobs and Todd have looked the best combination in midfield.

This does, though, leave us another body short in an area we are already weak in. If we get to the end of January without strengthening the midfield we can safely start to panic.

Think we should maybe give Queens a bit of credit here. They wouldn’t release him for no reason and no player is bigger than the club.

Good riddance I’d say
Add him to the list along with Kerr, Baird, Thomson, Fergusson and Skelton. I expect I've missed a few as well. Have we just to accept those mentioned were all bad eggs or is there a pattern emerging in regards to where the problem lies?

Awful news. Our creativity has been almost halved.

IMO it is not the end of the world.

Harkins has been in and out the side over the last couple of months and in fairness has not set the team on fire.

W e can now seriously strengthen with a couple of good loan signings using his undoubted high salary. I really see this as a positive.

We can get numbers in and the squad will be stronger.

IMO it is not the end of the world.
Harkins has been in and out the side over the last couple of months and in fairness has not set the team on fire.
W e can now seriously strengthen with a couple of good loan signings using his undoubted high salary. I really see this as a positive.
We can get numbers in and the squad will be stronger.

I'd take quality over quantity every day of the week. He wasn't always great but similarly to Dobbie, even when he's quiet he can make something happen out of nothing.