The Queen of the South thread

I can't be bothered going to watch Queens at the moment, the player choices and tactics are very off putting. Whatever happened to that group of mouth pieces that were supposed to form a link between the board and the fans? Palmerston is such a sad and depressed place to be around these days.

Very strange Stephen was always at palmerston taking photo's even reserve and junior games??  He promoted the club so well on social media sites with some great photos. Noticed he is going to an amateur game tomorrow... 

Had some kind of disagreement with the clubs official photographer by all accounts. No idea the full story.

I can't be bothered going to watch Queens at the moment, the player choices and tactics are very off putting. Whatever happened to that group of mouth pieces that were supposed to form a link between the board and the fans? Palmerston is such a sad and depressed place to be around these days.

That’ll be the guys who organised a very successful collection this week for a local food bank. Well done I’d say

Roll on transfer window (Hopefully Naysmith gets the go ahead) the team is in desperate need of strengthening if the club has any play-off ambitions.

So many players carrying injuries and with Norman away home that's another player down.. 

We are sitting 4th in the toughest league in the country. 2nd most clean sheets in the league. 3rd most goals scored in the league. We have players like Stephen Dobbie and Gary Harkins who are, more often than not, brilliant entertainment.

Have some f*****g positivity.

7 hours ago, QosLoyal said:

Is the 3rd choice away kit on sale at the club shop?

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think it can be bought but no  sponsors name,   etc. .  Sold as a training top I think rather than a strip.  It did look smart last week I thought. 

This. The 3rd kit is just the training top with sponsors name added along with shorts and socks in the pale blue. The shirts and shorts are available in the shop but not with sponsors on. My son has them. We dont stock the sky blue socks at all. It also doesnt come in the same range of sizes as the first two kits which are made to order. It only goes up to 3XL for instance.

How can Queens stay full time when they only get 700 odd at a home game the weather was bad but you should never get under 1000 at a home game. .

No wonder Naysmith had such a small budget yet we expect him to make new signings in Jan .

Norman is away can we afford to keep Frizzell and Semple .

This. The 3rd kit is just the training top with sponsors name added along with shorts and socks in the pale blue. The shirts and shorts are available in the shop but not with sponsors on. My son has them. We dont stock the sky blue socks at all. It also doesnt come in the same range of sizes as the first two kits which are made to order. It only goes up to 3XL for instance.
It's not on the online store but presumably if I emailed the store I could get one?

Just now, Swarley said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not on the online store but presumably if I emailed the store I could get one?

Its certainly in stock, though no idea what sizes there are. As I say, my son has it. He wears it for football training quite often.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

How can Queens stay full time when they only get 700 odd at a home game the weather was bad but you should never get under 1000 at a home game. .

No wonder Naysmith had such a small budget yet we expect him to make new signings in Jan .

Norman is away can we afford to keep Frizzell and Semple .

Any outlay on Frizzell could be better spent. Not what we need.

4 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Has anyone got the Queens calendar for 2018? The December picture has Tommy Bryce having scored fastest ever hat trick in 1993 in front of 492. Crowd today was almost 800  a lot of people still remember those days of poor crowds

Yep some of us remember those days well. TBF we had lost 8-3 at Forfar the previous Saturday so not a big shock that the crowd was low :lol:

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep some of us remember those days well. TBF we had lost 8-3 at Forfar the previous Saturday so not a big shock that the crowd was low :lol:

so there is always an excuse... today was weather, police travel advice, only drawing last week at Ross County who were second in league, managers team selections, week before Christmas, Dobbie not playing, - think this tops 1993.

Did 1993 not have Andy Thomson who was Scottish league top scorer at the time?

13 minutes ago, queenslad said:

so there is always an excuse... today was weather, police travel advice, only drawing last week at Ross County who were second in league, managers team selections, week before Christmas, Dobbie not playing, - think this tops 1993.

Did 1993 not have Andy Thomson who was Scottish league top scorer at the time?

As I think you are suggesting people will easily find an excsue not to go to. We did indeed have Andy Thomson at that time and Tommy Bryce but we were still a pretty poor team. Good teams tend not to lose 8-3 to Forfar in the cup. That match was probably only 18 months or so after we lost 6-2 at home to Highland League Ross County in the Scottish Cup.  Also consider that even then there wasn`t the huge array of entertainment options we have now.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

We are sitting 4th in the toughest league in the country. 2nd most clean sheets in the league. 3rd most goals scored in the league. We have players like Stephen Dobbie and Gary Harkins who are, more often than not, brilliant entertainment.

Have some f*****g positivity.

Well said

If in the @OfficialQosFC Queens Arena please check out the Queens Trust bookshelves in the cafe. There are some really great books and dvds with something for everyone and new items constantly being added. All items only 50p each!  Grab a bargain. So pop in for a half season ticket, gifts from the club shop or a tea/coffee and have a browse. Thank you to all that have been supporting it. All donations very welcome.

BC924D23-FF2D-4C09-A935-92B5997C7065.jpeg