The Queen of the South thread

18 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Very sad to hear of the passing of Frankie Kirk .

A great Queens fan,  who was a lovely bloke .

Will forever be remembered as the man who coined the famous, fantastic, quote ; 

"Yir Hame Teams Yir Ain Team " .

RIP Frankie .

Also Billy Simpson,  another long time supporter of the club,  has passed away.  I believe he was heavily involved in what was the Queens Supporters Club. 

On 02/12/2018 at 20:51, Doonhamer doon south said:

I didn't know you can't recall an outfield player from loan.

In your opinion you think Tremble is not ready for the first team but you also think Harkins should play up top on his own . . . In place of our only fit and eligible striker. I think the manager will play something suitable given our injury situation.

I reckon the midfield 5 will be Norman and Jacobs in the deep Todd and Stirling out wide with Harkins bit more forward supporting Dykes. Dykes will likely be chasing lost causes and back to goal role.

Speedy return hopefully for Dobbie.

No need to worry about Harkins looks like he is out with injury  for the Ross County game .

Looks like we are set up to try and get a point a defensive 5-4-1 set up .

Is it not a waste of what little money we have to travel up on the Friday surely we could leave early Saturday morning and still arrive in plenty of time for the game 

No need to worry about Harkins looks like he is out with injury  for the Ross County game .
Is it not a waste of what little money we have to travel up on the Friday surely we could leave early Saturday morning and still arrive in plenty of time for the game 
If we take points home with us though it could be seen as a good decision. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

If we take points home with us though it could be seen as a good decision. We shall see.

Saved a bit of cash on coach hire I believe,  players travelled up in cars. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Saved a bit of cash on coach hire I believe,  players travelled up in cars. 

That will have saved a lot not hiring a coach but a long drive up for some players .

It seems to have worked as that was a great point at Ross County really expected nothing today .

That will have saved a lot not hiring a coach but a long drive up for some players .
It seems to have worked as that was a great point at Ross County really expected nothing today .

Start having a bit of faith in the team. We are a good team and are completely capable of damaging any team in this league.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:02, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Also Billy Simpson,  another long time supporter of the club,  has passed away.  I believe he was heavily involved in what was the Queens Supporters Club. 

After not seeing him for years, I have seen Billy Simpson at recent games, very sad  to hear.

I did not know him personally but he was indeed the name quoted in the seventies to contact re. Supporters Club/Travel.

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:

What’s the full line up of the current members of the hall of fame? Can’t find anything on the OS, maybe just looking in the wrong place.

Hall of Fame

Full list and year of induction at the bottom of the link.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I wonder if we'll bring in a midfielder in January with Norman going back to Canada next week.

Is Frizzel only here till January? 

I think Brownlie for Semple. New midfielder for Norman and a Forward with the Semple budget.