The Queen of the South thread

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't recall the last time I saw our highlights package. Have they stopped being produced?

Not as such. The nature of Malcolm's day job has always been that he has far less spare time to produce highlights in winter. Its no different to the last two or three winters. Highlights tend to be sporadic between the clock changes.

Why would we recall Tremble he is nowhere near ready for the 1st team .Now it is time for Dykes to step up and be the main man  .Would play Harkins up top on his own play 4-5-1 .
Was Dobbie and the rest of the 1st team squad down today for the Xmas day at the Arena  ?

I didn't know you can't recall an outfield player from loan.

In your opinion you think Tremble is not ready for the first team but you also think Harkins should play up top on his own . . . In place of our only fit and eligible striker. I think the manager will play something suitable given our injury situation.

I reckon the midfield 5 will be Norman and Jacobs in the deep Todd and Stirling out wide with Harkins bit more forward supporting Dykes. Dykes will likely be chasing lost causes and back to goal role.

Speedy return hopefully for Dobbie.

Not as such. The nature of Malcolm's day job has always been that he has far less spare time to produce highlights in winter. Its no different to the last two or three winters. Highlights tend to be sporadic between the clock changes.
Ah fair enough. It certainly wasn't meant as a criticism as the guy does a superb job, I just wondered if he had given it up for whatever reason.

On 11/30/2018 at 22:06, queenslad said:

Felt Ayr would score each time they went forward. Shankland on fire and now more league goals than Dobbie. Will he still be there at end of January?

Two games against us, nil goals and I hear we have a poor defence. Funny game football

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

“From the horses mouth” is hardly “gossip” although I suppose we are waiting on the time to be confirmed! emoji6.png

If this is from Sunday's Xmas Event it hadn't been scanned at that point (don't think it has been yet) and it was really just a "hope". I don't think anyone knows at this stage how long he'll be out for.

Comfortably the most significant birth in the month of december.
Ach come on now. We all love Dobbie but the birthday on the 25th has had such a massive effect on the world, he's brought so much joy to this sometimes crappy world and just makes the world a better place if for only a small while. I'd say that great man's birthday just pegs Dobbs [emoji14]

Love you too big man!

images.jpeg

Even though there's not a great deal happening 1st team wise that's a good update from the BOD.  I've wondered what the purpose of KGV was but if it's upgraded to take Reserve,  Southern Counties,  etc,  games that should give the Palmerston surface a longer life. I think if fans don't see things happening at 1st team level they assume nothing's happening at all,  good to see that appears not to be the case. Interesting too that the club is considering different income strategies to try and ensure we can continue to  compete with wealthier clubs at this level.   With little chance of an immediate or significant upturn in spectator numbers,  additional sources of income have to be found. Hopefully the BOD put out these updates on a more regular basis.  

18 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dobbie out for a few games how long is that .

Take it now he has had his scan are we talking weeks out  or months

Naysmith said in his interview on the OS after the Thistle game that a grade 1 hamstring injury would mean being out for 7 to 10 days. A grade 2 would be 4 to 6 weeks and a grade 3 could be 3 months.

I think we can conclude that it isn’t a grade 1 because this news would probably have been communicated in more a positive way and the games he would miss would have been described as “one or two” or “a couple” rather than “a few”.

So we are probably looking at it being a grade 2 or grade 3. We have to hope it is a grade 2 and we’re looking at 4-6 weeks, which would tie in with “a few” meaning maybe 4, 5 or 6 games. However, I don’t think we can rule out a grade 3 entirely because I don’t think the club would be all that keen to say that he’s going to be out for up to 3 months. I might be wrong about that, though.

Basically, I think all we can safely conclude is that his hamstring injury isn’t the most minor version you can get.

Even though there's not a great deal happening 1st team wise that's a good update from the BOD.  I've wondered what the purpose of KGV was but if it's upgraded to take Reserve,  Southern Counties,  etc,  games that should give the Palmerston surface a longer life. I think if fans don't see things happening at 1st team level they assume nothing's happening at all,  good to see that appears not to be the case. Interesting too that the club is considering different income strategies to try and ensure we can continue to  compete with wealthier clubs at this level.   With little chance of an immediate or significant upturn in spectator numbers,  additional sources of income have to be found. Hopefully the BOD put out these updates on a more regular basis.  

That’s a good update from the BoD. Really liking the fighting fund idea. It works at other clubs successfully so why can’t it work here ?
I would make a monthly contribution.