The Queen of the South thread

Nice to see one of the Patrick subs punch the dug out at the end and break the glass, hopefully he pays for it.
Looked like we may have dodged a pen at the end thought both teams showed nervousness in the defence half, but Dobs comes up with that wee bit of quality to win it.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Really Hope Dobb's injury ain't to bad, I have said it from the start of the season we need another striker in our squad... 

There was a small budget to spend. Semple as a left sided CB was a must and for a 19 year old has been a success. Norman again has been a success as an extra body in midfield.

My problem is Frizzel. We had Murray as cover and I feel that was the signing that should have been a centre forward. Both Sempleand Norman are only 19 and there must have been a young forward who would have come to help their development.

Nice to see one of the Patrick subs punch the dug out at the end and break the glass, hopefully he pays for it.
Looked like we may have dodged a pen at the end thought both teams showed nervousness in the defence half, but Dobs comes up with that wee bit of quality to win it.
I have to admit I didn't really think our defence looked in much danger today. My biggest concern was after we scored and began to sit back. We generally don't do well when we invite pressure.

As for the moron who did the damage, I expect Queens will send Thistle a bill and if Thistle have any sense they'll dock it from him. When Caldwell is acting like an idiot (charging into our dugout to grab a ball) I suppose it will filter through to the players.

7 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Will Declan tremble get recalled from his loan spell should Dobbs injury be a bad on

Why would we recall Tremble he is nowhere near ready for the 1st team .Now it is time for Dykes to step up and be the main man  .Would play Harkins up top on his own play 4-5-1 .

Was Dobbie and the rest of the 1st team squad down today for the Xmas day at the Arena  ?

Was Dobbie and the rest of the 1st team squad down today for the Xmas day at the Arena  ?

Dobbie and Martin were there later in the afternoon when I popped along.
Got the messiah to sign my copy of the centenary book.......he also hopes to only be out for 2 weeks with his injury [emoji120]

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Yes. Except for Callum Semple who was allowed to go back to Sheffield, and David Norman whose dad was over to see him. The rest were there along with Gary Naysmith.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

21 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why would we recall Tremble he is nowhere near ready for the 1st team .Now it is time for Dykes to step up and be the main man  .Would play Harkins up top on his own play 4-5-1 .

Are you seriously suggesting that we play Harkins as a lone striker in a 451 and Dykes who is a striker as part of a midfield 5. :o

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was. He was certainly getting lots of photos at the end. Seemed to be 3rd behind Dobbie and Dykes in the photo popularity stakes.

Great idea was the Xmas day a success .Weather not the best but think  most things inside ?

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we play Harkins as a lone striker in a 451 and Dykes who is a striker as part of a midfield 5. :o

Harkins is not mobile enough to play centre midfield in a game like this when we will not get much of the ball . 

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Harkins is not mobile enough to play centre midfield in a game like this when we will not get much of the ball . 

But mobile enough to be a lone striker? Really. 

If we aren`t having much of the ball then it would make sense to try to keep it when we do have it. Harkins fruitlessly chasing lost causes up front won`t help with that IMHO. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer