The Queen of the South thread

On 11/17/2018 at 23:40, 19QOS19 said:

From a QoS point of view that was disastrous today but from an objective point of view that was about as an exciting game of football you're likely to get in this division.

It certainly was exciting and GN certainly is doing well with the squad available but I was astonished that nobody was allocated to pick up their number 7  the 7 ran the second half, all the moves went through him. I thought when Norman came on he would have been told to mark him out of the game, but no. It surprised me that one of our senior men didn't take responsibility.

The stats on the CBs are very interesting and certainly I prefer Doyle alongside Semple and the results seem to back that.

Just got back on line and i wish the Inverness 7 was playing for us but still loving watching the great entertainment on offer although a headed goal would be nice from Dykes  

Watching the last 10 minutes of the Scotland game last night was like watching Queens defend!  It got me wondering if all coaches in Scotland are taught to fall deeper and hang on to what you've got. It worked (just) for Scotland last night but not for Queens on Saturday there.

Has there been any progress on the club’s ‘World of Sport’ idea that was worked up a couple of years back?  Has it been shelved or parked? Failing that, any news on a new stand in place of the old stand?  Seems a while since we had a Board update from Messr. Blount Jr. on the club’s website. Does that still happen? 

3 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Has there been any progress on the club’s ‘World of Sport’ idea that was worked up a couple of years back?  Has it been shelved or parked? Failing that, any news on a new stand in place of the old stand?  Seems a while since we had a Board update from Messr. Blount Jr. on the club’s website. Does that still happen? 

There's actually got to be some news or something happening before we need an update.  The club seems to be in a state of limbo just now,  nothing newsworthy happening. Maybe nearer the transfer window things might happen. 

11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There's actually got to be some news or something happening before we need an update.  The club seems to be in a state of limbo just now,  nothing newsworthy happening. Maybe nearer the transfer window things might happen. 

Disagree. Even if there's has been no progress, it would be good to update the wider fanbase on things like  major infrastructure projects every so often. You can never communicate enough. Even saying there has been no progress due to the economic climate. No doubt it will be raised at the Club's AGM.  Any idea when the AGM is likely to be?  Skyline?

I thought the regular Board update from Mark Blount was a step in the right direction, but seems a while since the last one. 

On 19/11/2018 at 20:57, QoS_1919 said:

Surely when the televised games are sorted out they'll look at it based on the mileage between the sides. I can't imagine we'd be given a home or away tie on a Friday night against Inverness or Ross County.  

They better not change the April game with Ross County to the Friday as I have booked overnight in Inverness for the Saturday. Be well pissed off if the TV start fannying about with that one, even though it could be crucial for both teams. 

Disagree. Even if there's has been no progress, it would be good to update the wider fanbase on things like  major infrastructure projects every so often. You can never communicate enough. Even saying there has been no progress due to the economic climate. No doubt it will be raised at the Club's AGM.  Any idea when the AGM is likely to be?  Skyline?
I thought the regular Board update from Mark Blount was a step in the right direction, but seems a while since the last one. 

End of February the last AGM

2 hours ago, SueSue said:

I wonder who will be made the scapegoat for conceding 3 goals in 10 minutes last week ??

Any thoughts ?? 

No scapegoat,  players made mistakes leading up to each  of the goals but no particular player was to blame for every goal I believe. If anyone is dropped this week its nor necessarily a reflection on their display last week or making them the scapegoat. 

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No scapegoat,  players made mistakes leading up to each  of the goals but no particular player was to blame for every goal I believe. If anyone is dropped this week its nor necessarily a reflection on their display last week or making them the scapegoat. 

What is it then?

46 minutes ago, SueSue said:

What is it then?

You inferred that one player will/could be made the scapegoat for losing 3 late goals last  week.  There MAY be players dropped this week but not necessarily because they were at fault for ALL 3 goals.  I presume if Martin is fit he will return,  he's the 1st choice keeper after all,  others may be dropped to give them a rest and give  fringe players some game time.  I don't see this as making anyone a scapegoat. It is also possible that the same 11 will start.  

16 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Not sure our squad is necessarily big enough to rest players. Although he did use that when Semple missed a couple of games.

Semple and Frizzel may not be allowed to get cup tied by their parent club ......

I also expect Mercer to come back in.

Frizzell is not allowed to play, Semple is OK to play. The only changes I would make is Mercer for Fordyce moving Doyle back into centre of defence  & Norman for Jacobs. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH