The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Something more must have happened.I would be surprised if Naysmith could even hear what a few fans were shouting from the stand.

This is more to do with a player who had said something Naysmith did not agree with .

Are you itk or just making things up? 

Just before we scored Naysmith was having a right go at Doyle for something but Doyle was giving it back too.

However, Naysmith's  comments to the written press confirm what has already been alluded to.

Shock, horror  - fans disagree with Managers decision and let him know about it !

He really should be above reacting to that or letting it affect him in any way - it's been happening all the 50 years I have been watching football and will continue long after I have gone.

I do not agree with vile, personal abuse but absolutely believe that fans should be able to articulate their views on the Manager, players and their performance, no matter how crass or ill informed those views maybe - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Anyone in Football Management should be well aware  of what happens and be professional enough and have belief in their own ability to ignore and rise above it.

For a  Manager even to react to that, let alone the sarcastic tone  Naysmith has employed shows a lack of  character and self control.

Based on his mood and comments in various interviews since he took over I have long suspected he had a weakness in this area.

A good Manager - not just in football -  cannot be effective when he is not calm and in control and able to demonstrate leadership to those he is expected to motivate and get the best out of.

Let's just hope everyone in the  Old Stand  remains silent on Saturday and thereafter.

As regards the game itself I thought it was a hard-earned point.

As expected, Ayr were much slicker than us with much more possession and more goalscoring opportunities but we stuck to our task and gained the reward for that.

I really enjoyed the experience  yesterday as it reminded me of days gone by.

A dank, grey November day floodlights on and a greasy grass pitch at a traditional old ground  that I first visited around 50 years ago.

The support was great yesterday and so much better to have a terracing to use than a soul-less all seater.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Just before we scored Naysmith was having a right go at Doyle for something but Doyle was giving it back too.

However, Naysmith's  comments to the written press confirm what has already been alluded to.

Shock, horror  - fans disagree with Managers decision and let him know about it !

He really should be above reacting to that or letting it affect him in any way - it's been happening all the 50 years I have been watching football and will continue long after I have gone.

I do not agree with vile, personal abuse but absolutely believe that fans should be able to articulate their views on the Manager, players and their performance, no matter how crass or ill informed those views maybe - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Anyone in Football Management should be well aware  of what happens and be professional enough and have belief in their own ability to ignore and rise above it.

For a  Manager even to react to that, let alone the sarcastic tone  Naysmith has employed shows a lack of  character and self control.

Based on his mood and comments in various interviews since he took over I have long suspected he had a weakness in this area.

A good Manager - not just in football -  cannot be effective when he is not calm and in control and able to demonstrate leadership to those he is expected to motivate and get the best out of.

Let's just hope everyone in the  Old Stand  remains silent on Saturday and thereafter.

I have to say that`s very much not my experience with Naysmith. Very much the opposite in fact.  As an example he was joking with the fans before the East Fife game at Methil  saying that his wife was there so not to give him too much abuse. All said with a smile and a laugh. His interveiw yesterday was IMHO very much the exception and not the norm. He`s generally  measured and gives a good analysis and any previous points raised re the fans to me were designed to protect the players rather than related to him getting abuse.  We`ve had plenty of managers who responded much more to any criticism. Naysmith could clearly have done better yesterday in his post-match interview and in dealing with the press but let`s not over react to something which in my view is by no means a regular occurence.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

You’ve never looked Gary Naysmith

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I have to say that`s very much not my experience with Naysmith. Very much the opposite in fact.  As an example he was joking with the fans before the East Fife game at Methil  saying that his wife was there so not to give him too much abuse. All said with a smile and a laugh. His interveiw yesterday was IMHO very much the exception and not the norm. He`s generally  measured and gives a good analysis and any previous points raised re the fans to me were designed to protect the players rather than related to him getting abuse.  We`ve had plenty of mangers who responded much more to any criticism. Naysmith could clearly have done better yesterday in his post-match interview and in dealing with the press but let`s not over react to something which in my view is by no means a regular occurence.

He has been unable to conceal his anger in numerous interviews and openly criticised and blamed players  on several occasions.

I only have this second hand but am led to believe that after the East Fife match to which you refer he was far from happy and in his comments to the media stated that his weekend had been ruined and that he was not able to fulfil a dinner date with his wife due to his reaction to the performance that day and that he had let the players know this too.

That is absolutely pathetic and I repeat, shows a weakness in character and self control.

If your work, whatever that might be,  affects you and your family in that way then it's time to try something else.

4 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

He has been unable to conceal his anger in numerous interviews and openly criticised and blamed players  on several occasions.

I only have this second hand but am led to believe that after the East Fife match to which you refer he was far from happy and in his comments to the media stated that his weekend had been ruined and that he was not able to fulfil a dinner date with his wife due to his reaction to the performance that day and that he had let the players know this too.

That is absolutely pathetic and I repeat, shows a weakness in character and self control.

If your work, whatever that might be,  affects you and your family in that way then it's time to try something else.

OK that`s not been my impression of the guy.  We`ll just have to accept that our views differ. I`m pretty happy with how GN handles himself in interviews, you aren`t. That`s cool.

5 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Surely that shows that he cares about the result.Are you saying that if you were the Queens manager after a defeat then you would just forget about the game and enjoy your weekend football as a manager player and fan just does not work like that 

On 11/11/2018 at 06:38, SUPERSOUTH said:

Seems he wasn't happen with Queens fans comment's when he made the substitution of an attacking forward for a defensive midfielder, change that got Queens good a point. 

Sounds like it was the same one person that wears a hat and sits in the main stand along from directors box above the dugouts with a foghorn of a voice that likes to shout negative comments from the mainstand on a regular basis. He thinks he's a bit of a know all, The old guy doesn't seem wired up right... 

Really hope GN can put him out of his mind and appreciate all the good notices coming from the terracing. 

Start of this season GN said in a number of video interviews and website pieces that he acknowledged in the past he had been critical of the support and he didn't want to be any more, and that this season we all needed to pull together due to the low budget etc. He seemed to be holding himself back from doing this in the interview after Ayr United.

19 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Start of this season GN said in a number of video interviews and website pieces that he acknowledged in the past he had been critical of the support and he didn't want to be any more, and that this season we all needed to pull together due to the low budget etc. He seemed to be holding himself back from doing this in the interview after Ayr United.

Shame GN is taking it personally when one or two people voices a bad opinion (sure he heard a lot worse in his playing career) when the majority of the fans are behind him and the team. Sure the young team will get behind GN and the team again on sat.