The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Something has definitely happened that has deeply upset him off the pitch that he didn't want to talk about, he was very downbeat in his interview... 

Seems he wasn't happen with Queens fans comment's when he made the substitution of an attacking forward for a defensive midfielder, change that got Queens good a point. 

Seems he wasn't happen with Queens fans comment's when he made the substitution of an attacking forward for a defensive midfielder, change that got Queens good a point. 
Tbh I can appreciate why some fans were disgruntled at the time. Chasing the game and you have Murray or Frizzell to choose from I expect many were wanting Frizzell. Thankfully GN made the right call and it paid off.

Must have been the rattle weilding Ultras in the Main Stand that upset Naysmith,  I was in the covered enclosure behind the goal and I doubt if he would have heard any comments shouted from there given the distance to the dug-out,  the  drumming and the singing coming from there. I'm surprised he was apparently so upset,  I haven't heard the interview,  as he's been involved in Management for a few years now so it can't be a new experience for him, and every manager from the highest level down gets criticised by fans,  often frustrated at what's happening or who think they know better.  If someone is going to get so upset at fans voicing disapproval with his decisions maybe a career in Football Management is not the best choice. 

Must have been the rattle weilding Ultras in the Main Stand that upset Naysmith,  I was in the covered enclosure behind the goal and I doubt if he would have heard any comments shouted from there given the distance to the dug-out,  the  drumming and the singing coming from there. I'm surprised he was apparently so upset,  I haven't heard the interview,  as he's been involved in Management for a few years now so it can't be a new experience for him, and every manager from the highest level down gets criticised by fans,  often frustrated at what's happening or who think they know better.  If someone is going to get so upset at fans voicing disapproval with his decisions maybe a career in Football Management is not the best choice. 
It's on the official site. He may well have been annoyed at some comments but given he's aired his views about our fans in the past I'm wondering if that really was the issue.

There was definitiely one very clear shout along the lines of "what are you doing Naysmith hes been our best player" - possibly not quite as politely put - from behind me in the main stand. A few around me were laughing about it when Murray scored.

I'd be surprised if that was enough to upset Naysmith like that though

Great away support  yesterday the fans in the terracing gave the team great backing, Its a shame one or two so called supporters once again sitting in the main stand would rather slate the manager and the team... The way GN spoke I think more than that upset him tho.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

There was definitiely one very clear shout along the lines of "what are you doing Naysmith hes been our best player" - possibly not quite as politely put - from behind me in the main stand. A few around me were laughing about it when Murray scored.

I'd be surprised if that was enough to upset Naysmith like that though

You weren't sitting in front of Skyline were you? 

12 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Great away support  yesterday the fans in the terracing gave the team great backing, Its a shame one or two so called supporters once again sitting in the main stand would rather slate the manager and the team... The way GN spoke I think more than that upset him tho.... 

This notion that supporting the team can't possibly allow for any criticism of any aspect of it, is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You weren't sitting in front of Skyline were you? 

Now you mention it, the voice did sound familiar

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This notion that supporting the team can't possibly allow for any criticism of any aspect of it, is bonkers.

Is anyone suggesting that? Theres a line between being critical and being overly negative. Unfortunately, too many of our fans cross that on a regular basis.

Edited by Mr X

Just now, Mr X said:

Is anyone suggesting that? Theres a line between being critical and being overly negative. Unfortunately, too many of our fans cross that on a regular basis.

Well the only comment mentioned on here sounded pretty tame.

I don't think our fans are unduly or unusually negative at all.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well the only comment mentioned on here sounded pretty tame.

I don't think our fans are unduly or unusually negative at all.

Supersouth specifically said he thought it was more than that comment that upset him.

I'd suggest youre in the minority with that opinion

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No. I think there are plenty of fans who think a minority are overly negative. I never claimed the majority of fans were

You never said it was a minority either.

Instead you challenged my idea that Queens fans aren't unduly or unusually negative.  That would suggest you think the fan base can be characterised as negative.  If you really just meant that the odd individual might be, it was hardly worth saying.

Instead you challenged my idea that Queens fans aren't unduly or unusually negative.  That would suggest you think the fan base can be characterised as negative.  If you really just meant that the odd individual might be, it was hardly worth saying.
You said "our fans" aren't unduly negative. Some are, are they not part of "our fans"?

1 minute ago, Mr X said:
27 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You said "our fans" aren't unduly negative. Some are, are they not part of "our fans"?

Ok

Our fans are 6'4".

Our fans are vegetarians.

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Something more must have happened.I would be surprised if Naysmith could even hear what a few fans were shouting from the stand.

This is more to do with a player who had said something Naysmith did not agree with .

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Something more must have happened.I would be surprised if Naysmith could even hear what a few fans were shouting from the stand.

This is more to do with a player who had said something Naysmith did not agree with .

Don't know he praised the players in the after the match..