The Queen of the South thread

Hang on a minute, I thought we were told that the reason behind the farcical decision to bring the "foreign" teams into the challenge cup was because of the novelty attraction it would bring.  AFAIK we haven't played Formartine before, surely we should be looking at a sell-out?

You obviously don’t have children otherwise you’d know that they can have their lunch and still want either chips/pie/sweets/juice or all at the game!!!
I hope this doesn't sound patronising.

I attended the ayr United game with my wife and kids. They are 3 and 1. We took along chopped fruit and snacks for the kids in clip lock tubs. We bought food for ourselves at the game.

I get what your saying though. That day cost me a fortune. Worth it because that was the best performance I have witnessed. But I couldn't do it every week. I think cost cutting can be done. It's a choice to buy food/drink and program.

I have a 2 year old who never stops eating. I also have nephews that I've taken to the games in the past. There is a difference between needing those things and wanting them. Say no!
Do you attend games with your kid and do you take advantage of the free for preschoolers? I think it's only for league games though . . .

Made a point in watching Martin today - IMO MOM. He made 2 cracking saves first half and tripped another over the bar. He too a few cross today and everything else seemed to be straight at him
Well he would be your MOM if he was the only player you were watching...

We've all known he is a good shot stopper. It's the crosses when he's rooted to his line that gets on people's nerves, Ayr never seemed to be trying to exploit that like Dundee were. But he did play good today thought the most impressive was when it looked certain a Ayr player was going to tap home but Martin sprung over.

He dealt very well with a number of tricky low shots that could have skidded off the turf today. It’s when the ball is in the air that he is a concern. You can tell the defence have little confidence in him. There were a few mix ups at the back today due to a lack of communication that could have cost us.

Just listened to Gary Naismith's post match interview which I found a bit strange. Yes disappointed that we did not win but clearly something, or someone, has annoyed him. When Sandra asked him what it was he was a bit cagey!

17 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Just listened to Gary Naismith's post match interview which I found a bit strange. Yes disappointed that we did not win but clearly something, or someone, has annoyed him. When Sandra asked him what it was he was a bit cagey!

Something has definitely happened that has deeply upset him off the pitch that he didn't want to talk about, he was very downbeat in his interview... 

Aye there's definitely something gone on there. Listening to him it doesn't sound like a fall out with him and the players as he was praising them constantly. He said himself it's his mood so I wonder what or who has upset him.

Semple's interview is lighter and cheerier - "they've been on a bit of a run since we pumped them". Get that boy's extension signed [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Alan grey said:

No like him at all. Great point at a difficult venue against a team full of confidence. He has to be happy with the result. Wander what happened.

Didn't seem so bad when interviewd with AU media before qos interview. McCall wasn't very complimentary about Queens to be honest in his interview.. 

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Didn't seem so bad when interviewd with AU media before qos interview. McCall wasn't very complimentary about Queens to be honest in his interview.. 

That`s true but he look riled in our own interview.  McCall did acknowledge that we are a good team but he seemed surprised by the interviewers view that both teams were trying to win it.  

I think both Naysmith and McCall generally  give pretty decent post match interviews. They aren`t always goimg to share the same view. No issue with that.

That`s true but he look riled in our own interview.  McCall did acknowledge that we are a good team but he seemed surprised by the interviewers view that both teams were trying to win it.  
I think both Naysmith and McCall generally  give pretty decent post match interviews. They aren`t always goimg to share the same view. No issue with that.

McCall always seems surprised by our interviewers views. Spends half his time correcting him.