The Queen of the South thread

My memory of Hutton is him trying to shield the ball out at the goal-line in the Challenge Cup Final at Perth v Ross County.  Of course he was dispossessed and Ross County scored.  That was a piss-poor game for most Queens players who frankly didn't look in the least bit interested. 

Craig Samson was partly responsible for one of the most famous goals scored at Palmerston, but he wasn't playing for Queens.   In the Scottish Cup Quarter Final 2008 v Dundee he came up into attack late in the game,  the ball hit of him IIRC,  fell to Ryan McCann who shot from 84 yards into the empty goals. Scenes.

30 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

My memory of Hutton is him trying to shield the ball out at the goal-line in the Challenge Cup Final at Perth v Ross County.  Of course he was dispossessed and Ross County scored.  That was a piss-poor game for most Queens players who frankly didn't look in the least bit interested. 

He received a pass back on his 6 yard line and rather than just clearing it, he took a couple of touches then tried to beat Barrowman who was closing him down. Terrible goal to concede

40 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Balatoni playing at this level is a big help for the goals against for Edinburgh City

having played at championship level with Thistle etc

Antell has been praised very highly for his performance between the sticks for Edinbrugh City. Hes doing well there. 

2 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

He received a pass back on his 6 yard line and rather than just clearing it, he took a couple of touches then tried to beat Barrowman who was closing him down. Terrible goal to concede

I couldn't remember who scored that goal but if it was Barrowman it must have been a really poor goal to concede.  

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

If that`s the case then I`m pleased for him. He was dreadful for us.

Yeah, me too.

It's not that the poor sod wasn't trying with us.  He just got locked into a terrible bout of form that he couldn't escape from.  His confidence was shot and it became a bit paralyzing for him.  Even leaving aside who we support, it was difficult to watch.  As observed, a similar thing did happen with Barry John Corr.

Antell absolutely needed replaced in our goal, but I'm glad it's not been the end of the story.

Ordered the centenary shirt earlier this week, arrived this morning. First class service, thanks to the club and all involved. 

The Centenary shirt is excellent, a great idea, very well executed.  Only took me thirty minutes to find my name.  :thumsup2

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

That's a big loss for us last night. Having a look at the fixtures I don't think it would be an over-reaction to think we could be sitting 7th by the start of December. If we pick up 2 points from our next two games it's a good return IMO but it's also a big ask. I expect we'll approach both games the same way we approached Dunfermline but I think we'll come under more pressure in those games.

Jacobs and Norman played OK last night but we just lack creativity in there. When Harkins is back I'd be tempted to drop Jacobs for a spell and leave Norman in.