The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, stornaway boy said:

how are we supposed to remain in this league with 11 professional players and a squad of boys most of them untried at this level

To be fair we have 15 (professional players as you call them) in current squad and the rest are young untried at this level.  But yes we need another 2/3 due to injurys and lack of striker options. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:

Personally think we have 12, then Murray, Leighfield and then at a push Bell that you would call first team.

I didn't count Bell. But Murray has featured in around 40 first team games and Leighfield has played around 10 first team games to me they are big part of squad. 

Good to hear Danny Carmichael starring for Cumnock Juniors in a MOM performance.

Felt really sorry for him when  leaving last season and wondered what would happen with him.

After starring with us  he got his 'big' move  to Hibs but then all went wrong through injury.

All the best to him and if he stays with Cumnock he will be joining up again with Burns and McKenna,

Oh to have those 3 back at their peak !

2 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Good to hear Danny Carmichael starring for Cumnock Juniors in a MOM performance.

Felt really sorry for him when  leaving last season and wondered what would happen with him.

After starring with us  he got his 'big' move  to Hibs but then all went wrong through injury.

All the best to him and if he stays with Cumnock he will be joining up again with Burns and McKenna,

I loved McKenna. Great guy and an even better player. 

7 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Burns was an absolute gem. If only we could find another player like him.

16 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Heard a whisper about Frizzel on loan to you guys.

Wouldn't be surprised about that, wouldn't be shocked if Dom Thomas joined him either.

Would take both but we had no money for any players last week, I doubt we will bring in two attacking players and only have 4 fit defenders.If the money has somehow appeared then surely we will bring in defenders, well unless we are just hoping to outscore everyone.

I'd love another striker, but I'm not sure where this talk of signings has come from given it's felt like the pot is empty.

I thought Dykes has looked really tired near the end of a few games this season and Dobbie is always going to have that extra bit of risk with his age.

It would be nice to have someone on the bench that could give these guys a break if required but who also carry a bit of a threat.