The Queen of the South thread

I was surprised no one else seemed to mention it but yesterday was 10th anniversary of that never to be forgotten trip to Copenhagen. That must rank as one of the best away trips ever. There has been a lotta water over the caul since then in terms of managers/players/stadium re developments.

I was surprised no one else seemed to mention it but yesterday was 10th anniversary of that never to be forgotten trip to Copenhagen. That must rank as one of the best away trips ever. There has been a lotta water over the caul since then in terms of managers/players/stadium re developments.

I was back over in July and paid my respects to “The Dubliner” which you’ll be pleased to hear hasn’t changed a bit!

7 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

I was back over in July and paid my respects to “The Dubliner” which you’ll be pleased to hear hasn’t changed a bit!

I know a few folks who have made return trips to Copenhagen after being there for our match

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Reserves lost 3-0 away to St Johnstone this afternoon. Chris Kane scored the 3rd and set up the 2nd as he steps up his comeback from injury.

As was the Chairman and GN and Tommy Wright.

Followed by a visit to The Cherrybank - fine way to spend an afternoon ...apart from the result.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Reserves lost 3-0 away to St Johnstone this afternoon. Chris Kane scored the 3rd and set up the 2nd as he steps up his comeback from injury.

What was lineup? Hopefully can nab a few on loan from St Johnstone. Was dissapointed to see Jack Aitchison from Celtic go to Dumbaton on loan as he could have been a decent option for us. 

2 minutes ago, football maniac said:

What was lineup? Hopefully can nab a few on loan from St Johnstone. Was dissapointed to see Jack Aitchison from Celtic go to Dumbaton on loan as he could have been a decent option for us. 

Dont know. I wasnt there. Hopefully we will get a report at some point.

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont know. I wasnt there. Hopefully we will get a report at some point.

Apologies for not knowing many of the players - lived in Perth too long !!

As far as I could see it was the same team as started last week started today  - Don't think Tremble played though- looked like a different no 9.

3-0 down at half time. Looked like Gardiner went into back 4 at half time and no 6 went into mid field. He played well;

7 Ivison ? had a good game and the rest of defence not too bad either. They all worked hard but Saints were just that wee bit slicker in their passing; Getting the ball forward without the extra touch.

Hopefully with no training today it gives Naysmith the chance to hopefully bring in at least a couple of players on loan today before transfer window shuts at the end of the week. The team is playing well at the moment but another 2/3 players to help out the starting 11 could make all the difference to the clubs season. 

6 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Mention of young Harry Cochrane possibly coming to us on loan in the Hearts thread. Would be an exciting addition to the squad, although does seem unlikely

Would prefer a striker and centre half to be honest. If  Cochrane was an extra OK.