The Queen of the South thread

58 minutes ago, Weewull said:

If you went to Palmerston every home game you would not have the opinion that dykes is an asset to the team

See next post. 

42 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Absolute drivel.   

Agreed

24 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

You obviously don’t go to every home game either. If you did you’d realise that dykes is one of the most improved players in that team. If we were to loose him it would severely weaken the team. 

The season before and the start of  last season I would probably have agreed to an extent with Weewull's post but as you say Dykes is a much improved player from that time.  The main improvement for me is in his attitude and work rate and playing him in a more central role has also helped him to chip in with some goals.  He still has the odd moment of slackness but compared to his early seasons he has definitely improved.   Is he indispensable?  I wouldn't go that far but he is a certainly a worthwhile part of the team. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Losing Dykes would be terrible for Queens. For me he's probably our second most important player and is starting to form a good partnership with Dobbie. He might not have enough to step up a level at the moment but Queens would struggle to find a comparable replacement.

16 hours ago, weeredbook said:

If the amount mentioned,  paid in compensation for the cancelled concert is true ,then its nearer 4-5 players .

Despite being a shareholder, I have absolutely no idea how the concerts were financed or who was promoting them. I’d be dismayed to find that the club exposed themselves to any significant risk though. I’ve been in live music promotion long enough to know that it’s  always a gamble. Some you win, some you lose. When you lose, you sometimes lose big. Music promotion should carry a government health warning. You should only gamble with what you can afford to lose. The playing budget should have been ring-fenced. Any music promotions (and I’d still be amazed, and not in a good way, to find that the club was actually promoting these shows) or similar speculative ventures should have been  undertaken through a separate limited company. If the playing budget has been severely diminished by an inherently speculative venture, then that is extremely poor stewardship of the club by the directors.  

12 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Bbc sport gossip page says that callum fordyce out injured for two months. If true thats a right blow to our squad.

Looking at a back 4 of

Mercer doyle semple Marshall

Youth to replace.

Happy with that back four. 

4 hours ago, Weewull said:

If you went to Palmerston every home game you would not have the opinion that dykes is an asset to the team

utter nonsense. 

last season he was played left wing for most part of the season and wasnt great, the manager moved him uptops and we are now seeing why that is his main position. Been one of our better players so far this season and his work rate is brilliant, would be a huge loss to the team as him and dobbie are forming a great partnership. 

26 minutes ago, the tactician said:

utter nonsense. 

last season he was played left wing for most part of the season and wasnt great, the manager moved him uptops and we are now seeing why that is his main position. Been one of our better players so far this season and his work rate is brilliant, would be a huge loss to the team as him and dobbie are forming a great partnership. 

I for one was not a fan of Dykes, that was until the last few games last season when he was played a more forward role and he has continued to impress the start of this season. As others have said him and Dobbie are starting to make a good partnership upfront. Never thot a would say it but he would be a big loss to the team... 

Lyndon Dykes has scored 8 goals in his last 11 appearances for the first team. That's before we get into his indirect contribution in assists and linking play. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a loss to us if he left is frankly peddling their own agenda and not looking at his actual play. He'd be a huge loss to us if he left.

Lyndon Dykes has scored 8 goals in his last 11 appearances for the first team. That's before we get into his indirect contribution in assists and linking play. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be a loss to us if he left is frankly peddling their own agenda and not looking at his actual play. He'd be a huge loss to us if he left.
What is his assists to games played if you know them?

2 hours ago, stornaway boy said:

in today’s sun our manager says he does not need any more players

Fordyce going to be out for 6 weeks . 

Surely we have to find money to get a defender in and another forward.

Last season we could sign emergency loan players but this season that had stopped so we have to get players signed  before the end of August 

How can you expect young players who are not ready yet to play in the Championship .

The manager has his hands tied .If he can stop us being in the play off's he will have done a remarkable job .

The younger players are not good enough. How many got on in the cup game when we were out on our feet ? .

Edited by weeredbook